Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

what a deal...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i recently just got a new computer for myself

p4 2.6 GHz
512MB 333Mhz DDR Ram
120GB HDD
ati radeon 9600tx
dvd-rw
3 firewire ports
audio/video in/out
front thingy with memory card slots for any kind of flash card possible!

no floppy drive but a 3 !/2 inch slot so i mite get a 120MB superdisk drive ---->> so awkwad transgfering small files!!! dont you lot think? :crazyeyes

and all the software i could ever need

for £800, no monitor but i think its a godo deal, and from some dodgy german supermarket called Aldi as well, strange thing is, it works great! good build quality also!

and i just felt like telling, such a shame about floppy drives though!

Comments

• Options
    Thats a pretty good deal! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr Maypoo
    Thats a pretty good deal! :)

That's...

Sounds ok. May as well get a floppy drive than spend money on one of them superdrive things.
  • Options
    I´s cheaper than computers here...
    One oh that in Brazil is about £1500... :(
    I think we sofrer ehre to buy a new computer :(
  • Options
    Hmm, I think you could get a better comp by buying stuff from cheap websites and peicing it together. At least then you know exactly what you are getting and you can build it totally to spec without worrying about a warranty (as you have none)
  • Options
    I remember seeing that system advertised. It's a very good deal on a new computer. As for the monitor, a couple of hundred quid gives you quite a few options. £200 gets you a 15" LCD monitor, £100 easily gets you a 17" CRT monitor, and £125-150 gets you a 19" CRT monitor, if you shop around a bit. That's still one hell of a computer system for under a grand, no matter how you look at it.
    As for the floppy drive, you should be able to add one, there must be the socket on the mobo, and a spare drive bay for one. Should cost about a tennner including the cable.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    hmm so how would i attach it, i have the drive bay and my mboard but have a slot for it, so how wuld i do it?
  • Options
    Pop it in the slot, and plug the cable in.
    The machine should autodetect.
    Make sure the cable is in the right way round, if it's not the light on the floppy drive will stay on.

But...by popping apart the machine (i.e. opening the case) you may well invalidate the warranty for the whole lot (because you didn't buy it as bits).

Aldi and Lidl have some random deals now and then, can be quite funky.