Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Temptation Island

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you be tempted if you were put on an exotic island with 12 single people of the opposite sex, knowing you were already in a relationship? (On sky1 now)

I know I would be! :naughty: It'd be hard not to be tempted wouldn't it? If not impossible!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course!! I really wouldn't do it though, I know I'm easily tempted so I wouldn't put myself in that situation.
    Re: Temptation Island
    Originally posted by RamnoR
    Would you be tempted if you were put on an exotic island with 12 single people of the opposite sex, knowing you were already in a relationship? (On sky1 now)

I know I would be! :naughty: It'd be hard not to be tempted wouldn't it? If not impossible!
    On sky one ya say? I always used to watch that! Yeh i probably would be tempted, but like perfect***day said, i just wouldnt go on it :p
    i could soooooooooooooooo manage that.
    It kinda depends on how gooda relationship your are in though. I mean if your deeply in love, you may well be tempted but not do anything about it and vice versa. Personally, if you are in a serious realtionship i dunno why anyone would wanna 'test' it :confused:
    Yeah, but I suppose at the same time if a couple have the strength of character to get through it, then they'll know that they are right for each other, and they are 'the one'. :eek2:
    :chin: 12 lovely ladies and me.....on an exotic island.....12 lovely ladies versus 1 lady not on the island.....it's a toughy............. HELL YEAH!!

me? a tart? ....okay - you win
    Yeah, but I suppose at the same time if a couple have the strength of character to get through it, then they'll know that they are right for each other, and they are 'the one'. :eek2:
    I think that you should know if your 'other half' is the One without having to compete in a game show. It kinda looks like you don't trust each other and feel the need to test each other, and lack of trust is not a sign of a healthy relationship.
    :naughty:

Tempted yep...

I don't suppose I'd get to choose exactly who was on the island? What if they were all 4'6" and 22 stone? :yuck: :yes:
    I'd be gutted to know my other half was cheating on me for the whole TV audience to see. :(
    It depended what they looked like and whether they had a great personality or not.
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    It depended whether they had a great personality or not.

Certainly won't be anyone from here then.

:lol::lol::lol:
    well probably not:lol:
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    well probably not:lol:

Speak for yourself! :p
    No.

Not that I'd go in for a game show.

My personality is fine. Rarely.
    Speak for yourself! :p

so who would you like to take?
    Re: Temptation Island

Yes, it would be tempting, but anybody who does that publicly on Sky1 is a moron. Programmes like that are just stupid, because many of us aren't stupid enough to do something like that with a camera shoved in our face, so it's unrealistic, and not a true test of anybody's morals at all.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    What if they were all 4'6" and 22 stone? :yuck: :yes:

They dont all look like me :D
    Re: Re: Temptation Island
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Yes, it would be tempting, but anybody who does that publicly on Sky1 is a moron. Programmes like that are just stupid, because many of us aren't stupid enough to do something like that with a camera shoved in our face, so it's unrealistic, and not a true test of anybody's morals at all.

Mr_Wobble ;)

:yes: Agreed. Why go on a game show to prove you love someone? Surely if everything's great and they are 'the one' why try and find floors in the realtionship and needs of doubt?
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I think that you should know if your 'other half' is the One without having to compete in a game show. It kinda looks like you don't trust each other and feel the need to test each other, and lack of trust is not a sign of a healthy relationship.

I'm with you perfect***day! :thumb:

You should already know if they "are the one" and no TV show should be able to proove otherwise! If you already have doubts then going on a TV show like T. Island is only going to make your doubts worse - not to mention setting yourself up for some MAJOR humiliation! :(

I must say though when it was on TV in Australia, I was hooked!:eek2: I had to watch it every week - we got all 3 versions through out the year! We had USA, UK and then the Aussies! I loved it..... does that mean I am a sadist? Enjoying other peoples misery? :eek:
    Originally posted by Angel K
    I must say though when it was on TV in Australia, I was hooked!:eek2: I had to watch it every week - we got all 3 versions through out the year! We had USA, UK and then the Aussies! I loved it..... does that mean I am a sadist? Enjoying other peoples misery? :eek:

Naaw, it`s like looking at a car crash, innit? Can`t help yourself.

I don`t understand why anyone would put themselves up for this tho. It`s putting people in a totally unrealistic situation.
    Yeah true - somethings you just can't help but look at / watch regardless of your feelings about the subject matter.:)
    true, true