Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A big congratulations to me for being a brave girl ....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..... and giving blood. I know, I know, I know, that there are thousands of others out there who give blood on a regular basis. The thing is, that I have always, always wanted to give blood but when it came down to it, I just chickened out. Now the thing is, I'm not scared of blood or needles, I was irrationally worried that they would test my blood and then turn round and tell me that I was going to die due to this, that, and the other. Anyway, as I came home from town today, there was this big GIVE BLOOD lorry outside my local community centre and I thought "what the hell" and just went inside (the community centre, not the lorry) and did it. It wasn't traumatic at all and I'm so so so pleased with myself. I know that giving blood is all about helping other people but knowing that makes me feel good about myself. As Joey said on "Friends" .... there are no selfless good deeds!!

*pats self on back*

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If only the world was fuller with peeps like you.

Really should give blood one day as well. :thumb: