Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Missing Periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been on the pill for about 5 years now and decided to come off it in September last year. Now from September until about December, I had normal, really regular periods. But now I havent had a single period for nearly 4 months. And no, Im not pregnant (about 8 clearblue tests will back me up on that!!).

I've been to the doctors twice about it and she doesnt seem to be too concerned about it, saying that "it'll come along when it's ready". I dont buy that though, there must be some reason for them to have stopped. Im eating well, Im not stressed or anything like that, in fact my life is really good just now!

Anyone got any ideas or has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Comments

• Options
    It probably is just your hormones settling down. If you're worried about it go to another doctor or a Brook clinic & seek a second opinion.
  • Options
    it takes a while for your body to return back to normal after being on the pill, especially for 5 years as you were. if your doc thinks its ok then it probably is.

i was on the pill for 1 1/2 years and havent had a period for 4 months since ive came off but i think its perfectly normal... well at least i hope it is! :(:)
  • Options
    When I came off the Pill, I didn't have a proper period for about 6-7 months... It worried me too, so I went to the Doc's but he didn't think it was anything to worry about! Turned out alright in the end... I'd decided to go back on the Pill, so next time I had a "mini" period (I was getting really short, light periods every so often during those 6-7 months), I started taking the Pill again, and everything settled back down straight away.

Sorry, I know that might not help much considering you don't appear to want to go back on the Pill! :(
  • Options
    yeh same with me. i didnt have one for about 18 weeks, then came on right in the middle of my god damn holiday!!! :banghead: ii was pretty pissed off with my doctor too, but i dont think there was much else she could say really.