Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Migraines.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been having a head ache since Saturday morning and thought it was a just a hang over. I'm begining to think it's proberly a migraine. My Sister suffers from quite bad ones from time to time...Anything you can get over the counter for 'em?

Comments

• Options
    It could just be dehydration. keep drinking loads of water and if that doesn't help you can get 'rehydration sachets' with all the minerals and salts that you lose when you get dehydrated.

I'm not sure about what to do if it's a migraine (so prob a v unhelpful post, sorry!) but I'd have thought that if you haven't got them before or don't usually get them, then that's unlikely - it probably is just a 'hangover' from the hangover. If you see what I mean.
  • Options
    If it is a migraine you will know about it - in actual fact I don't think you would be able to come online - it would kill you!! (Not literally :rolleyes: @self)

Migraine Symptoms
    the attack will last from 4 to 72 hours

the attack will feature at least two of the following characteristics: pain only in one half of patient's head; a throbbing sensation; moderate to severe pain, or pain that worsens with movement.

During the attack at least one of the following conditions will be met: nausea and/or vomiting; sensitivity to light and sound.

Perhaps you have a stress headache? Anyway, if it is a migraine there are things you can get over the counter, but I would suggest you lie down in a very dark room with a cold compress and a bucket incase you are sick! Get well soon! :)
  • Options
    That sounds a bit like it apart from the sickness. All day Saturday and half of Sunday left of me head was killing so bad..It's always in the same place too.
  • Options
    I'm sure there are things you can get over the counter for migraines but there are also people who massage your head and can cure migraines. My sister used to have migraines but she was cured.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    she was cured.

Now there's only you to cure.

*Puts on latex gloves* :naughty:

I had a very bad headache earlier, but thankfully I took some pills and it disappeared.

If yours continues, perhaps you should visit the doctor, because I don't think headaches should last so long.