Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How much pride do you have?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are you always the one to say "I'm sorry, let's kiss and make up"?

Or..

Do you throw a strop and sulk and say nowt for days?

Usually, I just bugger off, and let them cool down, remember that the arguement was stupid, and then wait for them to apologize, or if it drags for days, I go and say, "Hey, this was a big pile of cack, let's smooch!"..

What bout you lot?

Are you petty and stubborn? Or, are you all open arms and forgiving?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I`m slow to anger, but once you`ve really upset me, steer clear for a while! I`m slow to simmer down too.
    It depends on the argument, but I tend to let them come to me & grovel :yes:
    Re: How much pride do you have?
    Originally posted by bebedawl

Do you throw a strop and sulk and say nowt for days?

LMAO, that's me. Although it can last for 5 minutes or a couple weeks, depending on how angry I feel and how far away the person is. A lot of it's down to immaturity I think.

I usually give in in the end though.
    it depends who the argument was with and whether or not it was my fault.

if i think it was my fault, i'll apologise, but if i don't think it was (even if really it was) i get all stubborn and sulk.
    I have a short and quick temper and i DO NOT hold grudges at all , unless you REALLY piss me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

But usulaly with me and my b/f it is an equal amount of groveling!!

But then again we rarley , an i mean rarley fight!!!
    *been together for almost 4 years*:p
    not with the kind of blokes i have most of my arguments with!
    Aww, but manly love is so in right now ;)

Har.
    Aww, but manly love is so in right now ;)

Har.
    i can't wait to tell razor rick and basher.
    LMAO! :lol:
    Yes, I forgive them or at least that's what they think
    Depends on the argument, but if I'm in the wrong I get very soppy and it works very effectively. ;)
    I currently hold grudges against people i fought with 18 months/2 years ago.

And chances are once i get them on their own i'll give them a kicking, even though they've probably forgotten what they've done!

I dont like backing down in arguments. And i have been known to ignore people for several months if they really piss me off. Even if they apologise.
    it all depends on the fight. A t the moment im not talking to one of my friends barry, we had a fight and a few hours later i called him up and said sorry. Then he picked a fight on me again but i still said sorry a few days later, now he had ago at me and ive desided im just going to let him be the one to say sorry now (its been 4days)
    depends on what it was over, and the person... if its someone really important to me, I can sulk for ages, but will always forgive, if its someone who I'm not really close to, I'll never speak to them again over something trivial.
    Im normally very laid back and dont get annoyed withem or into fights. But once I get really pissed of ill just ignore them for a while and either wait till they come back or go back.
    Depends whos fault it is- and seeing as how im never wrong...

Forgiven not forgotten!
    I am very stubborn and it takes me a long time to forgive, although I never forget!

:yes:

I try and sulk and be stubborn, but it usually only last a few minutes then I give in! :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    It depends on the argument, but I tend to let them come to me & grovel :yes:

me 2. :)
    I tend to be the one saying sorry. Then again I tend to be the one making the mistakes :eek2: *notices he keeps using this :eek2: recently*
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    I am very stubborn and it takes me a long time to forgive, although I never forget!

i'm very similar. i'm the most hard headed person my friends know. but the weird thing is, i foget, but hold a grudge against them forever lol
    Not sure.

I get angry quickly.

I'm usually nice later.

Depending on how stupid or nasty the other person was.
    or if it drags for days, I go and say, "Hey, this was a big pile of cack, let's smooch!"..
    Lezza :p

I'm about as mellow as you can get so I don't get really annoyed very easily, buuuut the last person who betrayed me felt my wrath and haven't been spoken to for over 8 months and I see em almost every day at college. Heh heh. Let that be a lesson to all of ye!
    I have quite a bit of a short temper and sometimes I can stay angry at someone for days and sometimes I only stay angry for like a couple of hours and then I finally cave in and apologize.
    For me it depends on the type of fight..... if it's just a little tit for tat, niggling one then I usually forget about it.

If on the other hand the fight gets a bit more heated it depends on who started it. If I am in the wrong then I am always the first to say sorry. If though it wasn't my fault at all and the other person said some really bad stuff, then I let them know just how hurtfull they were - basically I make them feel like crap for saying the bad stuff and causing a fight - make them crawl!
    :naughty:

If I have a fight though I never bring up things that happen in the past or really hurtfull things - keep it in the present and above the belt I say!!!! :thumb: