Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

bloody cars....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
really not doing too well.

my first car got written off 2 omnths ago by a drunk driving woman driving into it while it was parked. lovely [well, for me, at the time!] fiesta, rnag lovely.

she has no insurance, so just found out it will taje another 3 MONTHS to get any kind of resolution - and even then i may not get very much.

i manage to beg and borrow enough to get myself a nice new shape astra - only a quarter the age of my old car, runs perfectly...

then while in a multistorey, come back to find my rear passenger side wheel arch dented, and paint scraped all along it. then a week later someone scrapes the OTHER side by the bumper.

GAH!

sorry, not much to say, just wanted to rant a little - it'll probably need the whole bloody car repainting the way im going, so my insurance will go right through the roof....

i think i should invest in some bubble wrap for my car

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: bloody cars....
    Originally posted by nosferatu1000
    i think i should invest in some bubble wrap for my car

That made me giggle.

Sorry to hear about ur other cars hunay. :)
    get yourself a rabbits foot.
    that's such a pain :-(

sorry to hear about all that.
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    get yourself a rabbits foot.

Nah, Id find out where that woman lived and get myself a shotgun. She cant drive, drunk or otherwise, without any kneecaps FIREdevil.gif
    but thats the crazy thing - she has no licence, bu what did the court do? ADD 9 POINTS! and they disq her for 18 months, and fined her £350.
    in the process of suing her for damages at the moment. was thinking of printing her picutre up all around town so everyone knows how much of adanger she is - she didn't even stop at the scene but drove off.

could do with some luck at the moment - i think i used all mine up meeting my boyfirend - which is definately worth it!
    Originally posted by nosferatu1000
    was thinking of printing her picutre up all around town so everyone knows how much of adanger she is - she didn't even stop at the scene but drove off.

Do that after the court case, but do do it. Its only slander if its untrue:)
    would like to, but the piece o' shiteknown as the CPS withdrew the charge of leaving the scene - which is the easiest sodding one to prove - if she wasn't at th e scene, she's guilty....

still, will sue her THEN post those pictures...and get people to phone the police if they see her out driving. not that i ant to ruin her life or anything....
    I know how u feel!

My boyfriend bought himself his first ever car in September. It was parked directly outside his flat the other weekend and when he went out to the shops on Sunday morning he thought it looked a bit funny (from the distance). When he got closer to it he realised that the entire roof is caved in!! Some stupid fanny had climbed on his car and jumped about on the roof! (leaving a dent on the bonnet where the fat bastard stood on it at first and also on the back when they were climbing off).

It makes me so so so so angry!!! Whoever did it isn't ever gonna give it a second thought while my boyfriend is left to pay the first £650 of his insurance!!!!!!!!! (yes I know - thats not even insurance!). And that's our holiday plans fucked up now because of it.

When we went to the police they didn't even seem to care. Just said "ah, it'll have been students out celebrating the end of term". Eh, sorry, but I'm a student and I would never do something like that!

Seriously, if I got my hands on whoever did it I would kill them!! :mad:

Sorry, had to let off a bit of steam there.
    I know how awful it is when people damage your vehicle and then drive off or son't have the decency to admit it.
    When I complained about it on here some time ago many people insisted that they too would drive off if nobody saw them committ such a crime.
    So ask yourself, would you own up? Seriously?
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I know how awful it is when people damage your vehicle and then drive off or son't have the decency to admit it.
    When I complained about it on here some time ago many people insisted that they too would drive off if nobody saw them committ such a crime.
    So ask yourself, would you own up? Seriously?

(this might be worrying but) I drive, but don't know anything about insurance or anything like that, because my parents sorted it all out for me. What would you lose by owning up and sorting it out? Surely the insurance would pay for you?

I guess I'd leave a note under the windscreenwiper leaving my name and telephone number or something...:confused:
    Originally posted by carlito
    (this might be worrying but) I drive, but don't know anything about insurance or anything like that, because my parents sorted it all out for me. What would you lose by owning up and sorting it out? Surely the insurance would pay for you?

I guess I'd leave a note under the windscreenwiper leaving my name and telephone number or something...:confused:
    Don't worry I know very little about it too, as I also drive my mothers car (although it is a Motability car so I we do not pay for the insurance).

I think (someone please correct me if I am wrong!) that you would lose your no claims bonus. Indeed, the insurance company would pay fo the damage to the other persons car. However, in many instances the other person may be prepared to get some quotes for the cost of repairs and they may allow you to pay for the costs yourself, thus keeping your insurance payments at the same level. You need never tell yor insurance company.
    In a lot of cases you are personally responsible for the first £75 (or similar) towards insurance claims so if the damage isn't going to cost that much to repair, you may as well ask the person if you can pay outright!

Someone backed into my mothers car and drove off when it was parked outside the hair salon. It could only have been one of the employees at the salon but non of them would tell who it was (cowards :mad: ). It cost my mother £75 when she claimed on her insurance but the cost of the damage was less than that. If the person had owned up she could have claimed on their insurance (unless they didn't have any! :rolleyes: )
    If you own up as it were you lose 2 years of no claims bonus, plus your premiums are higher for making a claim in the first place. so you lose out big time - and i have £400 excess on mine! as i'm between 21 and 24....

and the police ARE useless - it ISN'T classed as criminal damage, yet if you were to take you car keys and scratch a car, that would be - and if you attached them to your car and did the same thing, it wouldn't. CRAZY!

not that i exactly have any faith in the police anyways