Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Rocky Horror Show

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is it?

People talk about it sometimes, and reference it often
and yet, I dont know anything about it,
just that it is a show (I think) and older than me (I think)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://www.rockyhorror.com
    http://www.rockyhorror.co.uk

Click on the relevent link depending on which country you're in!

Want to see it?
    http://www.rockyshows.net
    WHAT IS IT?!?!?! :eek:

One of the greatest musicals, films (Rocky Horror Picture Show) and cults ever!

...know the Timewarp song? That's from the RHS.

Think transsexuals, transvestites, gratuitous sex and lots of weird make-up... and you're about 1/2way there :)
    erm..
    r-i-g-h-t-
    hehe :)

The storyline is something along the lines of
    Cute and innocent couple (Brad and Janet) get engaged
    Cute and innocent couple's car breaks down one stormy night near large scary mansion
    Cute and innocent couple enter mansion
    Mansion is owned by Frankenfurter (a transsexual from Transsexual, Transylvania) and the siblings Magenta and Riff-Raff.
    Frankenfurter sleeps with and corrupts both Brad and Janet
    Frankenfurter creates 'superhuman' Rocky (blonde and vvv nice body)
    Rocky and Meatloaf sing
    Many people sing - it being a musical
    Not-so-cute and innocent couple sing and dance and have sex
    Riff-Raff and Magenta kill everyone...

:D
    Isn't "Let Me Entertain You" also from this show? (As covered by Robbie Williams)
    Worst film ever.
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Worst film ever.
    How can you?!

Actually that's probably true. But hey it's amusing :) and it's more the cult surrounding it than the actual film.
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    How can you?!

Because it's the worst film ever...?
    perfect***day - do not worry. That is simply his her opinion, you don't need someone elses opinions to jutify your own!
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    perfect***day - do not worry. That is simply his her opinion, you don't need someone elses opinions to jutify your own!

Riiiiight :eek2:
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Riiiiight :eek2:
    Meaning?

What I simply meant was there is no need for people to argue over differences of opinion. I have never understood this. We should all respect one another. That is all I meant.

There is no need to be quite so rude.
    hehehe i thought everyone knew what that is
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    Meaning?

What I simply meant was there is no need for people to argue over differences of opinion. I have never understood this. We should all respect one another. That is all I meant.

There is no need to be quite so rude.

Meaning I think perfect***day knows it's only my opinion - we were hardly arguing.
    i love that film.

My mom totaly hates it so when i brought it on vid i thought she was going to hit the roof. She was so mad so im only allowed to watch it when shes not at home. Its not even like i watch it down stairs i watch it in my room but never mind.

i still love the film and so should everyone

*starts singing "lets do the time warp yyyeeaa" *
    oooh we're trying to convince our drama teacher to let us do Rocky Horror Show for this years school performance, cause we're sick of doing crappy Oliver and stuff. We wanna do something hilarious... hilarious because the dudes will be .....lmao....hahahaha

She won't let us though. And she won't let us do Bambi either :crying:
    What do you mean "What is it?" :confused: It's one of the best films ever! And one of the best stage musicals ever!
    Yes, the film is shot on a budget, and is cheesy. But it's supposed to be. It lampoons all the 50's Sci-fi B movies, bungs in a whole load of wierd dressing, and cross dressing, camps it all up, and is one of the most bizarre films ever. Watch it and you'll see.
    I went to the show a couple of weeks ago, and loved it. It was fantastic. A group of us went, though I was the only one to dress up, and it was funny trying to explain it to someone who didn't know much about it. By the end of the show he loved it.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I just liked throwing confetti on everyone in the theatre...
    the best thing about it is going to see it at the theater an get dressed up in fishnets an short skirts etc. (nufortunatly i havnt had a chance to do this yet but i will).
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera
    oooh we're trying to convince our drama teacher to let us do Rocky Horror Show for this years school performance, cause we're sick of doing crappy Oliver and stuff. We wanna do something hilarious... hilarious because the dudes will be .....lmao....hahahaha

She won't let us though. And she won't let us do Bambi either :crying:
    I think you may have a problem putting on a production of Rocky Horror as Richard O'brien doesn't permit amateur productions of Rocky Horror. A production has to be authorised, and feature actors who are members of an actors union (can't remember the name of it). I think it's mentioned in the FAQ on the www.rockyhorror.co.uk website.
    Sorry about that. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Sopycookie
    the best thing about it is going to see it at the theater an get dressed up in fishnets an short skirts etc. (nufortunatly i havnt had a chance to do this yet but i will).
    If I go with you there is no way you're dressing me up. At least before the alcohol anyway...
    Originally posted by Silverberg
    If I go with you there is no way you're dressing me up. At least before the alcohol anyway...

fine ill get u drunk befor we go an then u can get up an dance in the middle of the show wearing high heels an a mini skirt:p
    Originally posted by Sopycookie
    fine ill get u drunk befor we go an then u can get up an dance in the middle of the show wearing high heels an a mini skirt:p
    Can I wear stockings as well? Erm I mean, no never I won't etc.
    :p
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    What do you mean "What is it?" :confused: It's one of the best films ever! And one of the best stage musicals ever!
    Yes, the film is shot on a budget, and is cheesy. But it's supposed to be. It lampoons all the 50's Sci-fi B movies, bungs in a whole load of wierd dressing, and cross dressing, camps it all up, and is one of the most bizarre films ever. Watch it and you'll see.
    I went to the show a couple of weeks ago, and loved it. It was fantastic. A group of us went, though I was the only one to dress up, and it was funny trying to explain it to someone who didn't know much about it. By the end of the show he loved it.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Yay! someone on my wavelength :) RHS rocks!

And Van don't worry I wasn't upset by the comment from Kiezo or whoever it was, I was being jokey about it :)
    rocky horror is way cool! love it!

i was a virgin before december when i went to see it in bradford, and i'm going for my friend's 18th in leeds in may :cool:

ahh - fishnets, thong, heels and snakeskin corset, with labcoat to preserve a little modesty while walking through town
    :D

primark is just the best place ever - cheap lingerie. then add glitter, rips and goth makeup. ;)

we had our very own rocky when we went, not as nice as the one onstage but still :naughty:
    I can't believe you didn't know what the rocky horror show was
    I recieved a DVD of the Rocky Horror Show today. It's a while since I've seen the movie, and it's as brilliant as I remember. :)
    There were extra features, interviews, etc. Excellent. (ad bit coming up) I got it from CD Wow for £7.99 inc p&p (but it's region 4 - Australia, so you'll need a multi-region player).

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I remember when it all began......
    Originally posted by sfnu
    we had our very own rocky when we went, not as nice as the one onstage but still :naughty:
    ooh can I borrow him? ;):naughty:;)