Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Dentists!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been to the dentists today!

Filling and half a tooth out!?

Also they scraped my gums!?

what you guys think?

:eek:

Comments

• Options
    My dentist always makes me laugh! I don't know why, he just looks funny when he's staring into ya mouth! :eek2:
  • Options
    i dont mind dentists too much.... ive never had nefin dun to ma teeth apart from being checked. mind u i aint been in a year so god knows whats guna happen next time! :nervous: i HATE the taste of their gloves :p
  • Options
    They make me laugh when they do the alphabet when they check your teeth :lol:
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    They make me laugh when they do the alphabet when they check your teeth :lol:
    I know!! It sounds like they're playing Battleships with their assistant!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Flake_Mustaine
    I know!! It sounds like they're playing Battleships with their assistant!! :lol::lol::lol:

LMAO! :lol:
  • Options
    I hate the dentist, i always worry if he's gonna do something more than sticking the mirror and scrapey thingy in my mouth.
  • Options
    Im sure that he took a tooth out while i was not looking too!

:confused:

I had'nt been to the dentist in 17years , Guess that did'nt help much!
  • Options
    I had to have four teeth taken out once, 2 one week and two the next, because i was having a brace. He pushed so hard on the top tooth he actually pushed me up the seat!
  • Options
    whats this about the alphabet?
  • Options
    I used to go to the singing dentist. No really... he was quite mad, once he sang Daddy Wouldn`t Buy Me A Bow-wow incessantly as he filled my tooth...... :nervous:
  • Options
    I hate the dentist too. I haven't been there since I was a little kid, but I have to go on this Thursday, because I had gotten one of my wisdom teeth in and it is causing me a lot of pain and I need to have it removed and I think that I also have to have the moler tooth taken out too because the wisdom tooth kind of pushed the moler tooth up out of my gums, so I think I will have to have both of those teeth removed.

It seems painful just thinking about it.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    ooh.. that sounds nasty! mr dentist'll sort you out though :)
  • Options
    i went yesterday and had 4 fillings :(

it wasn't so bad cause they know i'm terrified of the suction things, so they let me have space gas :D
  • Options
    I love my dentist! Whenever I go there I feel all relaxed and almost fall asleep... mmm... that's a nice thought, epecially since I've been awake since 3:30 this morning.
    I want to call my dentist now. :p

Although I need to ask him about my jaw (I get those scary clicking noises all the time) and then I broke my front teeth twice and now they're partly fake and I need to have that checked for some reason (was told so 8 years ago or something :rolleyes:).

I think I need to go to bed now.. I'm rambling....
  • Options
    last monday i had to have an apesotomy, where they do root treatment, but instead of drilling into the tooth from the bottom as usual, they cut into your gum and drill in from the top. It was fucking horrible, and i have 5 stitches in my mouth which i have to have taken out tommorow. The day after i had it done my mouth swelled up like marge simpson, and i wouldnt leave the house. It took 5 days for the swelling to go down completely, but its not too bad now.
    All you people that moan about going for a check up - youre a bunch f fucking wusses, you dont know your BORN.
  • Options
    I didnt go for 13 years or so (hate needles) until I was in so much pain it was untrue and then I had to go. I had 4 fillings (mainly due to amphetamines eating the inside of my teeth) but other than that I was fine.

Saved so much money tho by not going !

:D
  • Options
    Well said Rainbow Brite! I had to have two back teeth taken out and a tooth in the roof of my mouth exposed, so it would grow down and could be pushed into position. Had to have general anaesthetic, with antiseptic-soaked gauze sewn onto top of my mouth for a few weeks. Couldn't eat/talk properly..it was horrible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    Well said Rainbow Brite! I had to have two back teeth taken out and a tooth in the roof of my mouth exposed, so it would grow down and could be pushed into position. Had to have general anaesthetic, with antiseptic-soaked gauze sewn onto top of my mouth for a few weeks. Couldn't eat/talk properly..it was horrible.
    oh dear God, that sounds even worse than what I had done - I didnt think that was possible. you have my sympathy.