Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Smiling at people in the street

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else smile at random people in the street ??

I do, and it really cheers me up, especially when it's an old person. I swear one of these days I'm gonna stop and have a chat to someone.

It's also really nice when a good looking girl smiles back, always warms my cockles :)

So yeah, try it :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try smiling at a ned or a goth. Just see if you don't end up getting your arse kicked :p
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Try smiling at a ned or a goth. Just see if you don't end up getting your arse kicked :p

goth don't kick arses, they're too busy writing poetry about dead roses and contemplating suicide

:p
    As the old saying goes. A smile costs nothing!
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    As the old saying goes. A smile costs nothing!

Exactly, and it could make a lonely old persons day :)
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten

on the pull?;)

Either that or you'll freak them out into thinking the've got some weird stalker. :D
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    on the pull?;)

Yeah, the aim is to get invited to her bungalow for a cup of camomile tea and a bit of shortbread :D
    Originally posted by NinjaMasterEither that or you'll freak them out into thinking the've got some weird stalker.

Nah, old people love me :p
    Smiling is scary.

Not, of course, that I give people evil glares instead.

I just do nothing, and continue wandering down the road.
    I always do it!
    My dad lives over in Germany and when I go there I play a special game called Make the Germans Smile, by simply smiling at them.

I don't think I have ever succeeded yet :chin:
    Yeah i smile at everyone usually.

Old dears like being smiled at dont they. They smile back and then i walk past them and they accuse me of trying to mug them :chin:

But anyway yeah i do smile at most people. Makes me and probably them feel better so why not!
    sometimes depending on who it is....
    i think its lovely, i'm the same, i try to smile at people as much as possible but i rarely find people who smile at me first... shame.
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Change the record. :yeees:

As for smiling, I don't smile at people because I am usually in a world of my own. On holiday my boyfriend would smile at random old people (we were in old people Paradise - Benidorm!) and see if they smiled back. Lots of them thought he was cracking on to them and would come accross to us!
    I smile at old people it gives them a false sense of security before i take their pensions... :eek:

Just kidding, smiling is good for your health :D
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Change the record. :yeees:

lmfao.

It was a private joke between me and Bri :p
    People look at me like im a nutter if i smile in the street lol typical suffolk people
    Some women smile at me. Quite a number just look, perhaps stare, though. I always dress smart casual and don't act foolishly or anything, so I wonder why? Does it have the same meaning as smiling?

I might smile at old people and nice-looking ladies, and help them if they need assistance.
    when someone is rude or barges into me i am overly polite to make the point i'm not rude like them... i love it, so much fun!
    I just smile to beautiful girl in the streets !!!!

:p;):):D :cool:
    It's a bit of a problem for me though smiling at people. - I have one of those look 'normal face' and i look like a convict.

And if i do smile then i look like a evil person trying to smile.

But im really a nice smiling guy though!

See :D
    Yeah i smile at people all the time, never really asked myself why tho.
    Originally posted by Nick_BR
    I just smile to beautiful girl in the streets !!!!

:p;):):D :cool:

Nick - para você! Mas meu português europeu não é muito bom!

Sim!!! Brazilian meninas seja escuro e bonito! Britânico meninas seja enorme e pálido! Eu quero meu visita Brasil amanhã! Lotes de cerveja e excelente meninas, em ensolarado e bom Sao Paulo e Rio de Janeiro! Sons bom, sim? :)
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Nick - para você! Mas meu português europeu não é muito bom!

Sim!!! Brazilian meninas seja escuro e bonito! Britânico meninas seja enorme e pálido! Eu quero meu visita Brasil amanhã! Lotes de cerveja e excelente meninas, em ensolarado e bom Sao Paulo e Rio de Janeiro! Sons bom, sim? :)

si senior! :p
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    si senior! :p
    yeeba yeeba underlay underlay
    I smile at random people too, It comes from living in a small village for 7 years. Now I live in the town, they dont smile back as often, but sometimes they do, the old dears especially love it, but then sometimes they can be the most miserable gets of them all.
    A smile can brighten up someones day and they can be contagious:) It does make a difference who the smile is coming from though.
    I give up at smiling at peeps in the street, it maddens me soooooo much when miserable twats just glare back I feel like grabbing their head and asking them why they enjoy being miserable and dam rude :mad: If I ever get a smile back I will probably die from shock
    Re: Smiling at people in the street
    Does anyone else smile at random people in the street ??

I do, and it really cheers me up, especially when it's an old person. I swear one of these days I'm gonna stop and have a chat to someone.

It's also really nice when a good looking girl smiles back, always warms my cockles :)

So yeah, try it :)

i smile at old people, its funny when they scowl at you, i find it hard to smile at fit men, even though im not naturally shy. it always makes me feel good when someboday smiles at me so i try and do it as muc as possible!
    I often smile at people randomly...I sometimes worry when people do it to me though, I wonder if I know them or something....silly really since I don't know any of the people who I smile at!
    I don't like my smile, unless it's a fucking huge grin, in which case it looks ok. So no!