Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Appreciation Thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the moment you are probably all aware that thesite is having problems. Now I don't know the full in's and out's but from earlier posts it would look like it's all been moved over to a new server.

Now I work in IT. I know all about teething problems when you move over to a new system or hardware. So.......

Can I be the first to congratulate all the Mods and technicians on the work they are doing. It's not easy. Especially with us lot moaning at you. I think what alot of people forget is that you provide this service to us lot for free.

So Thank You. And hopefully we will all be off your back soon.

BTW I'm in a real soft, sooky mood this morning

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :thumb:

I'm in a sucking up mood too!
    Pah, all you IT people do is laze around all day drinking coffee :p

Well done though :)
    yeah, thanks guys!! :)
    ditto
  • DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Is this some kind of late april fools joke?
    Originally posted by Dom

Nah. Due to my pish poem skills and serious lack of posts I thought it was my best chance of getting some goodies. :D

Seriously tho. There has been alot of this doesn't work, this looks different, blah, moan, moan so I just wanted to let you all know that we appreciate the hard work you guys are doing.

As I said earlier you provide thesite to us for free so we really can't complain. I know it's not easy especially when "the users" continually bitch at you.

Keep up the good work. :thumb:
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster

Keep up the good work. :thumb:

And you called me a sooky bastard yesterday :p
    Re: Appreciation Thread
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    At the moment you are probably all aware that thesite is having problems. Now I don't know the full in's and out's but from earlier posts it would look like it's all been moved over to a new server.

Now I work in IT. I know all about teething problems when you move over to a new system or hardware. So.......

Can I be the first to congratulate all the Mods and technicians on the work they are doing. It's not easy. Especially with us lot moaning at you. I think what alot of people forget is that you provide this service to us lot for free.

So Thank You. And hopefully we will all be off your back soon.

BTW I'm in a real soft, sooky mood this morning

Well, let me take a moment to give the full in's and outs...

As most of you will know we have been having problems at Thesite.org regarding the speed and reliability of our service. The real reason for this is quite simply due to our ever growing popularity and userbase imposing a load that the webserver can only barely handle.

So ... ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! ... Nah just kidding ...

Well its happened quite fast and at last, as of yesterday i have added another web server in especially for Thesite.org during a new hardware infrastructure revamp of Thesite.org's systems.

Its seems to be going alright now and thanks this thread is well appreciated, it sux for us here as well when things arent working up to speed because it sullies your experiences of our site, and wed like to try and provide you the best service we can.

So thanks for understanding all of those who do
    *stamps feet*

But the whiteness...!

Appreciate it really!
    Re: Re: Appreciation Thread
    Originally posted by D-Baser

So thanks for understanding all of those who do

Thanks to all

:D :wave:
    Originally posted by Dom

Yes.

:p
    Nice one folks.
    Cheers :wave:
    thankyou so much.

thesite is cool. and so is youthnet, they have got to get some praise :)

Keep up the good work all of you, without you my life would be... errr...

:confused:
    *gets tongue out*

Yes thank you very much mods.

*puts tongue away*
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    Well ive not noticed no difference in the site except now about 5 runtime error. do u wish 2 debug messages every time i go on a page on here.. weird

I think youll find its your browser. Check your Javascript settings (Tools-Internet Options-Advanced) and if you are using IE download the latest version of the Browser from microsoft.com.

If you are using any other kind of browser Upgrade to the latest version and make sure your javascript/web security settings arent too strict... If the scripts arent allowed to run then they wont, and if there is a problem with the parsing and running of the script (browser version, Java VM, Security setting etc) then you will get those debug errors.

I have personally tested this site (the boards and the rest of Thesite.org) with IE 5 -> 6, Mozilla, Galeon, Konquerer and the only time ive seen these kind of errors are with older versions of IE (4.x).

So... It is really important that our site is accessible to as many people as we can manage, if you try these things and nothing works plese PM me and id like to go through it with you.

Laters
    yeah GO MODS! *kiss*
    and heres me thinking the p45's were being dished out.
    let me tell you, when i was a lad ...
    Well done mods :D
    *pats backs*
    :)

you are each a
    littleangel.gif
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    Well ive not noticed no difference in the site except now about 5 runtime error. do u wish 2 debug messages every time i go on a page on here.. weird
    argh. i know what you mena. and i cant even change the options. its ok on this computer but at school it just f*cking annnoys me.