Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What to get someone who is turning 21?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend of mine is turning 21 this month and his parents asked me for advice on what to get him .... I suggested a four day break to somewhere like Reykjavik in Iceland which they seem to like the sound of 'cos it'd be different.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I'd just want money whatever age I was :)

But yeah, a short holiday somewhere sounds like a good idea.

Sorry, that didn't help much :p
  • Options
    Its my 21st in July, my parents have paid for a trip to UK in a weeks time, and my girlfriend is planning to get me a days sky diving (well thats the rumour :) )
  • Options
    I got my boyfriend a weekend break to a cottage in Cumbria and a personalised CD award from one of his fave bands (a gold disk kinda thing).
  • Options
    my mate got one of those huge tacky keys with '21 key to the door on' ... how fun, im sure she appreciated that one! ... For my 18th my mum payed for me and my bf to go to amsterday for a lil break... holidays always popular for big birthdays... something to remember it by.
  • Options
    I turn 21 in August. I would just like money, for I can spend it on whatever I like.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I think a holiday away for a few days would be very memorable. If not Iceland, perhaps Madrid, Valencia, Lisbon, Amsterdam or something like that.
  • Options
    when i turned 21 my parents gave me the contents of a savings account they'd had for me since i was little.... they got bonuses every few years, and it added up to quite a lot...

with that money i bought my car, and had loads left over to spend on whatever i wanted...

that was a really great present. and the fact that they had been saving it for me all that time made it a bit more special than if they'd just written me a cheque or something...

:D
  • Options
    I got a watch. I get crap presents.

:crying:
  • Options
    ICELAND! Definitely.
    Never been there, but the place is supposed to be amazing.
    OMG, I wouldn't hesitate futher.
  • Options
    how bout a HGV drivers licences
  • Options
    Iceland is great! my sister went there- best holiday shes ever had. loads of fun etc. :)
  • Options
    2 Fish
  • Options
    Well, for my 21st birthday, my gram gave me a card with $30 in it and I also had gotten some alcohol to celebrate my birthday.

Probably about a month after my birthday my sister took me out for my birthday. The only reason why it took her so long to take me out for my birthday was because she was up at college and she is not able to have a car up at college right now and she was not able to get the bus home and then have me and my gram pick her up at the bus station because the weather was really bad.

That was about all that happened for my big 21st birthday, but I think that a holiday for your birthday would be very cool.
  • Options
    Well for my sisters 21st i gave her ten nights on a nice island off the coast of queensland - australia - including all costs.

So yeah can't wait to see what she gives me!