Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Korea...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Copied from "Letters to the Editor, The Oregonian, 29 March 2002
We fought for freedom in Korea
John Hryciuk challenges readers "to name one single instance since World War II where it can be shown that the U.S. military was actually fighting for freedom."
Very well: Korea, 1950-53.
We defeated the invasion of South Korea by North Korea, a Soviet vassal state. South Korea is a modern, prosperous, energetic, proud country. It has elections. North Korea is a dismal, starving economic disaster ruled by the Stalinist son of its Moscow-installed premier. It does not hold elections.
In 2000, I returned to South Korea with about 200 other aging Marines who had served there 47 to 50n years before. It was a reunion of brothers where they had risked their lives.
One day in the Seoul hotel, I found myself on the elevator with a 30-something Korean couple. The man reached across the lift, took my hand firmly, and said, in perfect English, "Thank you for helping to save my country."
That made the trip.

Jack Daniels
Bend, Oregon

Strange how it is that those that the US has subjugated to the US "imperialist" wars seem to thank the US for what they have done. Doesn't play to the bullshit some would attempt to spread to the naive...

Yeah, I know, a certain shithead is going to state that N Korea "isn't really a communist country". The REALITY is that the wetdream promises that communism has always presented are simply the carrot that is dangled in front of the ignorant, stupid, lazy and naive to get them to subjugate themselves to the totalitarian agenda, which has ALWAYS followed...

YOU may be a simple-minded fuckwit, stealgate, and buy into the bullshit, but the most of us are NOT so delusional.