Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

All regular weed users....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does smoking weed or hash regularly make you lose weight? My friends swear by it and i dont see how cos it makes you eat more. ANyone know? cos they are adamant that it does.

Comments

• Options
    I'm guessing only if you spend your food money on hash :/
  • Options
    heheh ..
    i always have to munch when i smoke :)
  • Options
    I dont see it leading to weight loss but does anyone else find that smoking weed dehydrates you?

I need to pee so much when stoned. and for longer periods of time. well, maybe its cos I'm stoned that the time seems longer.:confused:

anyone else find this. or am I just talking mince??
  • Options
    erm i dont know... since i started smoking reguarly ive gonefrom 10 stone to just under 8 stone & ive not been dieting (consciously or anything) so i guess now u mention it that might be a reason.

But maybe its cos if uve got a bag of green ur priorities lie in rolling and smoking more than going into the kitchen to cook urself something to eat.. we all turn into lazy sods now and again! .. but ur post has made me think (most of the stoners i know are all quite skinny come to think of it..)
  • Options
    Wow i made somebody really think, i am so pleased with myself! Woo!:cool:
  • Options
    i'd say if anything it makes you gain weight. munchies are so common, wieght gain is more likely. possibly if your taking other drugs as well...
  • Options
    If you smoke on a regular basis it will casue weight gain if anything, it turns you into a lathargic lazy lay about, that sits eating any munch possible until bed, you do the math ;)
  • Options
    All serious users I have seen lose weight - something to do with kind of food munched maybe?
  • Options
    There could actually be some truth in the weight loss theory. In fact a major reason and cause of the well-known "munchies" is due to the fact that cannabis increases the rate of digestion and metabolism. Thus to compensate for the rapid digestion cycle, your brain tells you that you need more food. I think also (but don't quote me) that the reason for cravings for particularly sweet food is due to a drop in blood sugar levels as energy is used quickly in order to keep up the rapid digestion. However, when you think of other factors such as munching to compensate and lack of energetic movement, I doubt cannabis would cause any significant changes in weight loss.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    For me , when i started i gained a shit load of weight, mainy cause i can eat , i mean really eat when i am stoned!!!

marshmellows , chrisps, chocolate , potatoes, and anything that i could get my hands on. That was when i first started though, now i don't get the munchies so much.

I have eventually dropped the weight, due to the fast that the other recreational pharmasuticals that i consume cause me not to eat for a day or two after!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Rabbit
    There could actually be some truth in the weight loss theory. In fact a major reason and cause of the well-known "munchies" is due to the fact that cannabis increases the rate of digestion and metabolism. Thus to compensate for the rapid digestion cycle, your brain tells you that you need more food. I think also (but don't quote me) that the reason for cravings for particularly sweet food is due to a drop in blood sugar levels as energy is used quickly in order to keep up the rapid digestion. However, when you think of other factors such as munching to compensate and lack of energetic movement, I doubt cannabis would cause any significant changes in weight loss.

i thought you got the munchies because the thc grabs onto your fat cells and pretty much just takes a free ride and so forth...