Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Light nights

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you think people dont feel as stressed, depressed etc when we get warmer weather?
I always find that when we get warmer weather people tend to be nicer for some reason. People tend to stop and talk more in the streets, people tend to smile more and to me I just feel happier in myself :)

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Options
    yeah i agree, it definately puts me in a better mood :)

But its really weird going out (as in clubbing) when its still light! It just doesnt feel right!
  • Options
    Yeah, I always feel a lot happier for some reason when we have warm weather. Well except for the fact it usually means exams are looming at this time of year. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Hmm, I actualy tend to feel worse as it gets hotter. Probably because I actualy quite like it being cold, it has a nice snuggle up warm with someone hugging type of atmosphere. :p And Christmasy and stuff. In summers the days take ages to end too, which I don't like.
  • Options
    that'll be the serotonin, baby.

:yes:
  • Options
    no. The hot weather can make me angry, rude and annoyed. It drives me mad if the weather reaches past a certain point, and I can just can not stay calm.

If it is sunny and just slighty warm with a breeze then I am ok.

I much prefer the winter
  • Options
    Yes, people are friendlier in the warmer weather. However, it doesn't last long before it gets too hot and people become hot, bothered, and cranky. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Theres nothing better than on a sunny afternoon having a barby in the garden with ridiculous amounts of alcohol to wash the food down with :D

I much prefer summer, in winter i never see anyone :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    some people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) they get down during the winter months. its quite common.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Theres nothing better than on a sunny afternoon having a barby in the garden with ridiculous amounts of alcohol to wash the food down with :D

ew, that would just put me in such a bad mood.

Smoke, smelly food knocking me sick, and lotsa drunk people trying to trap wasps and bees under beer glassesto kill them slowly, but not suceeding thereby releasing an angry wasps and bees and flies at u, all of which inevitably get angry with me, cos I like to have bright clothes on, so they see me first and attack me.
    Bah, I dont like the summer.

The seasons should go
    Winter autumn spring autumn
    or sumthing along those lines, just minus summer
  • Options
    I think its true that people do change their moods and the weather can have an affect on our moods too.
  • Options
    I think that at the moment I have seen a lift in the general mood, but that it is true to say that it doesn't last that long, it's just that the nice weather is a novelty at the moment! it's not long before people start getting all hot and bothered...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Klever
    Smoke, smelly food knocking me sick,

what you trying to say..........my foods shit :lol:

I do a canny barby i will have you know :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

what you trying to say..........my foods shit :lol:

I do a canny barby i will have you know :p

No, that all bbq food is shit
  • Options
    Originally posted by Klever

No, that all bbq food is shit

no its not.........barbys are lovely :D

especially when they are cooked properly, there is an art to cooking on a barby and if you try to cook to early all you get is a horrible, smoky taste.
  • Options
    Can you believe I've never had a garden bbq :eek: Shameful. But oh yes, the sun *tra la laa* it's great. Perks me right up! No more wrapping up in 3 layers of clothing to go to the cornershop and the ladies wearing as little clothing as possible!

Bring on the sun! :cool: