Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tweetys happy :D

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For those of you who don't read my LJ, i had to let you in on this cause i'm soooooooooo pleased, and i told my mum today & shes really pleased too :D. Gah i was nervous:nervous: ...anyway here goes........

Well me & Chris had a very serious chat today & have decided that we are gonna start saving our pennys to get married & start a family!!!!!!!
Got lots to look into before i can get pregnant, eg my tablets i take etc..i know some will say to sort myself out first, but i think that could take years and also feel that if anything it will help.

Yay i really feel ready & can't wait. :D my babe wants to be a dad too...:D

Comments

• Options
    Awww Bless ya! *hugs* Congrats :D Good luck and that...glad your happy :)
  • Options
    I'm so happy for you hun! I don't know what you meant about the tablets lol but anyways...

*great big hugs*

I hope you and Chris are happy together and have a wonderful family :D:D
  • Options
    *Big Hugs* :D

Congrats hun!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I'm so happy for you hun! I don't know what you meant about the tablets lol but anyways...

*great big hugs*

I hope you and Chris are happy together and have a wonderful family :D:D

Cheers, by the tablets i mean i'm taking prozac :confused: & thyroxine so i gotta go see the doc & see what he says about it all. I know my thyroid will have to be checked but i will have to find out the rest.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety

Cheers, by the tablets i mean i'm taking prozac...

don't wanna be the one to piss on your bonfire, but presumably you're taking prozac for depression??? you would most likely have to stop taking them before you tried for a baby, and pregnancy makes your emotions go absolutely mental. not to mention pre and post natal depression... handling that without medication would be tough to say the least.

just mentioning it cause i knew someone in the same situation...

you might want to consider waiting for the depression to pass/waiting for a non-depressive patch before trying....

just something to think about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie

don't wanna be the one to piss on your bonfire, but presumably you're taking prozac for depression??? you would most likely have to stop taking them before you tried for a baby, and pregnancy makes your emotions go absolutely mental. not to mention pre and post natal depression... handling that without medication would be tough to say the least.

just mentioning it cause i knew someone in the same situation...

you might want to consider waiting for the depression to pass/waiting for a non-depressive patch before trying....

just something to think about.

yeah i kinda guessed i would have to come off them, i think i can manage without them.
  • Options

yeah i kinda guessed i would have to come off them, i think i can manage without them.

cool. :D

it's just one of those things to be aware of.
  • Options
    Re: Tweetys happy :D
    and also feel that if anything it will help.

Are you sure? A baby brings along more worries and stresses than anything you can imagine. I don't want to put a dampner on your excitement, but if you're not 'ok' now, a baby isn't going to fix anything.

It's great that you're looking to the future and all....have you discussed this with your doctor?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Tweetys happy :D
    Originally posted by Smash

Are you sure? A baby brings along more worries and stresses than anything you can imagine. I don't want to put a dampner on your excitement, but if you're not 'ok' now, a baby isn't going to fix anything.

It's great that you're looking to the future and all....have you discussed this with your doctor?

Nope going to see the doc on the 10th, will take his advise, although i know what you are saying, i don't feel like i agree, due to the reasons i am depressed anyway.
    I know a baby won't fix things, id be stupid if i thought that.....what i mean is, i don't think it will make things worse. I know what you are all saying, i will see what the doc says & all but i feel that if they don't stay the same, they will be better.
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You don't know me from Adam (or Eve as the case may be) but I'm really happy for you :) hope it works out well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day

You don't know me from Adam (or Eve as the case may be)
    same here, but congratulations sounds like your getting yourself together and have a wonderful future to look forward to:D
  • Options
    aww well done :)

:thumb:
  • Options
    Oooooh can i babysit? :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Oooooh can i babysit? :hyper:

Hmm maybe, depends if your gonna be nice :p.
  • Options
    I got to agree with what was said earlier, if youre still taking medication for depression. If youre still taking the medication then would that still be the case that you are still depressed? Depression can take a long time to get over and if youre not 100% over it then a baby could make you low as you were at the beginning of your depression.
    I also didnt want to put a dampner on your news, but good luck and I hope everything works out well for you :)
  • Options
    Well, I think that anybody wanting kids has to be mad. Good luck!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I'm very pleased that you are happy. I hope all goes well for you. Everyone deserves happiness in their lives and you especially do.:D
  • Options
    Excellent news Tweety, hope it all goes well for you both. I'm really jealous.
  • Options
    Cool, congrats babes! And to marmite too, hope it all works out for ye :thumb: