Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Smile...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's everyone's teeth like? How many do you have? Are they big (like Kylie Minogues), or small? Are they straight, or crooked? White or yellow? Clean or not-so-clean?
Also, why is it that American people seem to have such great looking teeth?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mine are fairly straight, not quite the white shade i'd like but my parents had me in braces when i was just a liddle chump of eight, it was cruel i tell you but i guess i am grateful for it now.
    Very straight, no fillings, three wisdom teeth. White. teeth like
    Re: Smile...
    Originally posted by crescendo

Also, why is it that American people seem to have such great looking teeth?

*smiles* of course :p

lets see... pretty straight, medium height, pretty white, cuz i use whitening toothpaste cuz other wise they would not be white from coffee and smoking, and i have a couple fillings, but they are tooth colored fillings and my front tooth has a small chip from when i bit my barbell.
    Straight, quite white, no fillings (although I had root canal surgery when I was younger!)

I have one baby tooth that won't come out though, and the "adult" tooth has grown behind it, it is often very sore (at the side of my mouth so nobody can see it!) but the dentist tells me to leave it to come out on its own. It has been four years now. :rolleyes:
    Americans think the Britich have really minging teeth...possibly because with their medical insurance they can get any crap teeth sorted out while here in Britain teeth are not done on the national health unless you are under a certain age, over a certain age, on the dole or pregnant!!
    My teeth are pretty straight because I wore braces for ages when I was younger. And such.
    I wouldn't want these teeth.
    I've never had any problems with my teeth, never needed braces or a filling etc. They are just normal, white & straight.
    mines are straight, however i have an overbite. quite white*ish, and..a few fillings here and there. :yuck:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i have one filling and straight-ish teeth. they were really squint when i was growing up and had to get 4 teeth taken out as my mouth was overcrowded. i hated the brace i had to wear. now, i avoid going to the dentists. i hate them with a passion.
    My teeth are very straight since I had an awful brace when I was 13 for 18 months!
    Oh, by the way, I've got no more wisdom teeth, and my teeth are straight, whitish, and I've got 2 fillings.
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    I've never had any problems with my teeth, never needed braces or a filling etc. They are just normal, white & straight.
    Your sooo lucky. I wish I was like that. Imagine having absolutely no worries about your teeth........... (*jealous of hellie*).
    I wore braces when I was 15 (only for 11 months, which isn't much), and I've had a total of 8 teeth taken out (including my wisdom teeth).
    Anyway, all thats behind me now, and I'm glad cuz I've got a nice set of teeth. In fact, I feel like doing this.:D :D:D
    my.teeth.are.crap.thats all you need to know
    xxx
    To be quite honest, Ive never had brilliant teeth. I have to wear a brace at the mo, had it on sinse november. Ive had one filling and 8 teeth taken out IN ONE DAY :eek: !!!! Its cos I still had loads of baby teeth left and needed my adult teeth to grow in their place. But my teeth are white :D

Im jelous of *Hellie* too :mad: *envy, envy*
    My teeth aren't perfect.....when I was 9 I fell over roller blading and knocked half of the front two out, so had to have them "done up"....I have no real fillings though. I also have an overbite and a wonky tooth on the bottom row due to sucking my thumb for years....I had a lot of braces of all different kinds which sorted it out, but then I went back to the thumb so it's back again :rolleyes: They're not too yellow, but not perfect white either...
    its my teeth :p
    Originally posted by my_name
    NIIIICE!!!

Lucky git!!!!!
    never had braces either :D
    never had braces either :D
    You as well? I had to go through hell to get my smile looking how it is today (well, not exactly hell, but having braces and 8 teeth taken out).
    *jealous of you and hellie*
    After ruining my whole mouth (sucked thumb until age of 9, where my front tooth got ripped out, and put back in by the dentists), I've had almost 8 years of frequent dentist appointments and treatments, which means that now I get complimented on my teeth all the time :D

Quite an achievement concidering that there was a difference of 14 mm, between the upper and lower front teeth :eek:
    You as well? I had to go through hell to get my smile looking how it is today (well, not exactly hell, but having braces and 8 teeth taken out).

8 teeth! oi!! i feel so bad for ya... oh the pain...
    My teeth aren't great. I inherited overcrowded teeth from my mum, and had to have loads removed and braces for years to get them as straight as they are now - and my lower teeth still look slightly overcrowded. :( I've always eaten too much junk food (ie sweets and especially chocolate), so they've taken a bit of a battering. I've been drinking way too much coffee for the past few years too, so they've become stained - but I'm slowly reversing that now, though it'll take time. I wish I could really afford to have them bleached, scaled, and polished, but I'm too skint at the moment. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)

8 teeth! oi!! i feel so bad for ya... oh the pain...
    Yup, 8 teeth (in 3 visits). Four of them were wisdom teeth (thank got I don't have to worry about them anymore), and the other 4 were normal ones.
    It wasn't very painful, as much as it was uncomfortable.
    (*jealous of hellie*).

Hehe. :p Knowing my luck I will end up doing something later on in life to muck them up though. :D :rolleyes:
    I am gonna get mine bleached. As Mr Wobble, my treatments have been hell, and I might as well go all the way, and get them PERFECT. Though they are not that yellow in the first place.
    Originally posted by *hellie*

Hehe. :p Knowing my luck I will end up doing something later on in life to muck them up though. :D :rolleyes:
    PLEASE DON'T!!! You are blessed with great teeth, so keep them that way!!!
    Some of us (like me) have to go through great lengths to get great teeth.
    PLEASE DON'T!!! You are blessed with great teeth, so keep them that way!!!
    Some of us (like me) have to go through great lengths go get great teeth.

I wouldn't on purpose! I just know what i'm like. :rolleyes: :D:p
    my_name, are you American? Well that explains it then.