Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stupid Q!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i this might sound like a bit of a stupid question but is it possible to have periods while you are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    Yeh, happens in some people, it's not unknown. If you do have them while pregnant they're likely to be slightly lighter and not last so long.
  • Options
    Yes, although I don't think it is referred to as a period - it is more like spotting and usually is nowhere near as heavy as a period.

Are you worried that you might be pregnant? If so, it is always best to do a test, if only to put your mind at ease. :)
  • Options
    well im kinda worried becuase this month and last month i come on both times for 2 days but there wasnt much blood. then i was speaking to a friend and she said its possible to have periods well bleeding when your pregnant. so its got me thinking!
  • Options
    Havn't you only just recently started on the pill though? Because that can make your periods lighter.
  • Options
    yea but my periods were also lighter before i started taking the pill. thats why i was asking becuase i know the pill can make your periods lighter.
  • Options
    Well then I think you should take a test to be sure.
  • Options
    maybe.
  • Options
    It's the only way you're gonna know for sure?
  • Options
    i suppose, but i dont know if i want to know.
  • Options
    I know how you feel cos I was the same, I did one in the end and it was scary, but it's best to know so that you can sort it out rather than wait until it's too late!
  • Options
    im scared though.
  • Options
    It's only natural to be scared hun. Have you told your boyfriend? maybe that would help it helped me cos then you've got someone else who's involved in it to help you.
  • Options
    im scared, i dont know what i would say to him.
  • Options
    See this is something I have no trouble with so I'm probably no good at helping you here! Just say to him that you don't wanna worry him but your periods have been lighter recently and would he mind if you did a test together to put your mind at rest?
  • Options
    but what if i tell him and then im not i will get him worried for nothing.
  • Options
    Dont tell him then? just go and do a test on your own or ask a friend to be with you? Although remember if you are pregnant and don't tell your boyfriend your doing a test then how will he feel?
  • Options
    i dont know what to do! im scared i dont want to worry him when im not pregnant but i dont want to go behind his back and take the test.
  • Options
    To be honest I think you should tell him, he will understand that you didn't want to worry him but thought it was best you let him know, and I'm sure he wont mind he will probably feel happy that you felt you could tell him!
  • Options
    i spose! im going to tell him tonight. thankz. but what am i going to do if i am pregnant. im scared and im worried.
  • Options
    Well good luck, and if you are then do whats best for you, I'm sure your boyfriend would be supportive. Dont worry hope it goes ok lets us no!
  • Options
    As many of the siters have said yes you can be pregnant and have your periods too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    See this is something I have no trouble with so I'm probably no good at helping you here! Just say to him that you don't wanna worry him but your periods have been lighter recently and would he mind if you did a test together to put your mind at rest?

Do they do pregnancy tests for men too?
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

Do they do pregnancy tests for men too?

yea get him to do one with you!
    then if one is positive you can sit him down and comfort him cos it will be hard for him being the first pregnant guy in history
  • Options
    Well good luck, and if you are then do whats best for you, I'm sure your boyfriend would be supportive. Dont worry hope it goes ok lets us no!

thanx hun! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella

yea get him to do one with you!
    then if one is positive you can sit him down and comfort him cos it will be hard for him being the first pregnant guy in history
    :rolleyes: The immaturity of some people. It's clearly obvious that I mean she does the test with her guy there with her to help her through it, god you could at least help her instead of being so sarcastic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by vodka babe

thanx hun! :)
    That's ok :)
  • Options
    :rolleyes: The immaturity of some people. It's clearly obvious that I mean she does the test with her guy there with her to help her through it, god you could at least help her instead of being so sarcastic.

i was going to say something along them lines but then i cant be arsed.
  • Options
    angelbabe have you took a pregnancy test?
  • Options
    Yeh I took one, think it was the start of January? I did it in public loos in a department store in town with a nervous adam waiting outside, bless. Thankfully it was negative.
  • Options
    I got really panicky a couple of months ago when I had some really light weird bleeding and I completely convinced myself that I was pregnant, got all worked up about it, told my boyfriend, got him all worried....then went to the college sexual health clinic, did a test, which was negative, and all was fine...luckily.
    I felt bad for worrying my boyfriend for no reason, but at the same time I'm glad he knew that I was having it done because we were in it together I suppose....

Good luck, I'm sure it'll all be fine, hope it is!