Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Aljazeera website hacked.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/03/27/sprj.irq.aljazeera.hacked.ap/index.html

Blahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lol:

They also got kicked out of the NY Stock Exchange yesterday. Having a bad week honey? *big kiss*:p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How interesting that despite your claim to have had a sudden change of perspective that you seem to have renewed your prievious failures to see through the spin, especially in such items as this.

So tell me pnj, after having read this snippet how do you justify the legitimacy of trashing another news agency's right to present its views with a claim like "let freedom ring"?? Can you not even see that this is no shining example of the superiority of freedom which our government claims to be championing. Its nothing more than censorship.

Those who truly defend freedom would not condone censorship nor vandalism in any way shape or form, nor would they laugh with glee over it.

Methinks my willingness to give you the benefit of the doubt over your supposed change of heart, as I chided MR over yesterday, was extremely premature and perhaps wrong.
    Totally self defeating and stupid IMO...although hackers were never the smartest of people when it comes to anything outside computers.

Personally I despise Al-Jazeera but to shut down their website is to deny a useful tool.
    Nah, you've gotta read all I posted today.

I just think showing dead and captured POWs non-stop, earned them this one. I still wish we'd found a dipomatic solution to war.

Also the leaders of Qtar are very pro-American. But the thought of all the biggots of the Middle East, logging onto the site to see dead Americans and Brits and seeing instead the American flag...sorry Clandestine...but sometimes I really love my country.:lol:
    And I resent your continued implication that I dont. Frankly pnj I have read many of your posts when ive had time today and what ive seen is simply a return to long running refusal to question or criticise anything about how our government has been or is acting.

Regardless of whether you want to see something does not justify censorship. Better you see the reality of what is going on than reduce your education to only what Washington wants you to know. You can be certain they will lie and cover things up as much as they possibly can which is why they are so upset over having their spin overridden with any other perspective.

Believe me, the less folks back home know about what Washington is doing the more they will get away with any amount of hypocrisy without having to make any account to the public whatsoever.

Until you learn that you arent serving the interests of our country, only the interests of the corrupt scum currently controlling it.
    But Clandestine. It's fun-ny.:lol:

And I can see why you're so against war. Although now that the soldiers are there, I care about their protection first.

I'm beginning to think it's all a goof. France is still trying to control things from the UN.
    And by that thinking you show that youve learned nothing, comprehended nothing and have certainly not changed any perspective whatsoever. My bad for having believed you.
    I've been giving this some thought in the last few days and I'm starting to suspect there might be in fact 2 or 3 people posting as pnj. He/They have been the first one(s) to admit there often are a few friends watching (and presumably posting) together in college. Sure, one of them posts more often than others and usually logs on in the morning. But there are different patterns of behaviour from one posting "session" to the next one that would either be the product of someone with amnesia/Alzheimer’s disease, or obviously different people altogether.

Either that or this entire pnjsurferpoet persona is simply the product of a prankster/troll who posts non-committal, contradictory and on occasion offending stuff just to get a reaction out of people.

Then again it could really be the 16 year-old poster known as pnj we're all familiar with. If this is the case I must say I've never met anybody before who can change his opinion on something so often. He's done more u-turns than the entire Tory and Labour cabinets of the last 20 years.
    clandestine,

You forgot to mention democratically elected corrupt scum! :lol:

Al Jazeera got hacked?:eek:

Welcome to cyber space where this happens all the time!:yes: :wave:
    There have been lots of hacking incidents in the last two weeks. Government agencies, army websites, peace organisations, the French, you name it. There seem to be a rather active and successful pro-war group of hackers and several small anti-war ones.
    Then again it could really be the 16 year-old poster known as pnj we're all familiar with. If this is the case I must say I've never met anybody before who can change his opinion on something so often. He's done more u-turns than the entire Tory and Labour cabinets of the last 20 years

*bows*

I'm becoming a liberal. And fighting it at every step. They are all my posts on the site, some I write down and my friends post exactly as I've written them. Some I pop into the Media Center and key them in real fast. Some I think about. I'm curious what all of you think...sometimes by debating I get a bigger picture of what you all think.

I like to post what I think...at the moment. I don't want to be careful or worry what someone might think of me. I have school for that. I'm a few years away from college Aladdin so thank you on that one.