Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Talking of electric shocks...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone else ever had a really good belt off of anything? (I`m not talking static here, obviously) If so, did you notice the way that time seemed to be distorted, or was it just me?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Talking of electric shocks...
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Has anyone else ever had a really good belt off of anything? (I`m not talking static here, obviously) If so, did you notice the way that time seemed to be distorted, or was it just me?

I've had an electric shock of a video recorder once...the tape got chewed and I took it apart to get it out, but it was still plugged in...ouch! :rolleyes:

I didn't notice any distortion in time though! :(
    Well my mum was struck by lightning when I was in the womb! :eek: Guess it must have done some damage! :lol:
    Originally posted by RamnoR
    Well my mum was struck by lightning when I was in the womb! :eek: Guess it must have done some damage! :lol:

Is that true? :eek2:
    Originally posted by Maypoo

Is that true? :eek2:

Yes indeedy! She was stood at the kitchen sink washing up at the time. :lol:
    Mad girl

There is a girl in my school & she is a complete nutter :p

In the boarding houses where lots of my friends are they had plugs banned from being in their rooms because "the nutter" put her finger in one :crazyeyes she got a shock & was in hospital *I think* I wasn't here @ the time.
    *embarassed*

i er, kinda changed a broken (shattered) bulb in my lava lamp without unplugging or turning it off.

*stupid*

i also pissed on an electric fence when i was about 9... i wanted to see what would happen, they always tell you water and electricity don't mix, but how often do they show you the results of trying it? my result was that i got a c*ck shock, not THAT bad, quite nice actually and has resulted in me growing a mutant penis. rockin'
    I know what you mean Miffy!

I once took a printer apart and went to take out the power supply but forgot that it was still plugged in. The shock flew me 20 feet across the room. And yes, time stopped and then it went really slow as I flew. And then once I had smacked up against the wall time went really fast for a wee while and then back to normal.

No surprise that I haven't stuck a screwdriver into anything electrical without unplugging since.

NOTE :- Watch yourselves. Even by unplugging some electrical equipment it is NOT advisable to start fucking about with it. Some pieces of kit retain an electrical charge (Something to do with coils and other technical stuff). Any doubts get an expert to have a look. Or your Dad :p
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    I know what you mean Miffy!

I once took a printer apart and went to take out the power supply but forgot that it was still plugged in. The shock flew me 20 feet across the room. And yes, time stopped and then it went really slow as I flew. And then once I had smacked up against the wall time went really fast for a wee while and then back to normal.[/size]

Oh good, I didn`t imagine it then! That`s exactly what happened to me, everything slowed right down almost to the point of stopping, and everything sounded really far away (except the buzzing noise). An incident that I know only lasted a couple of seconds seemed to go on and on.
    Thats what happened to me, when I had a car crash...It seemed for ages while we were swerving and then time suddenly sped up and next thing I knew, my face was on the floor! :confused: