Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Helping Others

Ok.I know the sticky on self-harm and depression is at the top, but what do you do if someone you care for a lot wants to stop self harming, but cant physically stop themselves anymore? and they cant see doctor because their parents will find out? Because im in this position with someone i care for more than anything, and he cant seem to stop, no matter what he tries, and hes asked me to help him.
If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Thank You.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you go see a doctor it is confidential. they are not allowed to tell your parents without your consent.

the only time they are able to break that confidence is if you are considered a serious danger,and they fear you might commit suicide, or harm others.

self-harm is very addictive, and it's very hard to stop on you own. i would really urge your friend to seek professional help.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your friend really needs to see a doctor, very soon. They could be in danger, especially if they are feeling 'out of control'.

Would it really be the end of the world if their parents found out? You are in a difficult position because you may have to break a confidence.