Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

nokia 3210 help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how the hell do i make it let me text properly without predictive text bullshit getting in my way?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know. On my phone you press the little menu button and you get a menu where you can change the text mode. But mine isn't a nokia.
    Press # a few times until the lines before the Abc in the top corner disapear.
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Press # a few times until the lines before the Abc in the top corner disapear.

sounds like advice i can follow :D

...ooh it works it works. yay.
    If you want to turn it off completely
    > write messages > options > dictionary > dictionary off
    Originally posted by Smash
    If you want to turn it off completely
    > write messages > options > dictionary > dictionary off

wowee. no longer shall i have to bugger about texting. all is well once more :)
    Predictive text has some uses, if you press x loadsa times you can put loadsa xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on the end of ur message in seconds :D
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    Predictive text has some uses, if you press x loadsa times you can put loadsa xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on the end of ur message in seconds :D

Indeed, and I have loads of words stored in the dictionary that mean I can press one key and put in a really long word. Like moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Predictive text is the best thing ever. Why would it annoy you? Just get used to it, and it'll be your friend forever. You'll wonder how you ever survived without it.
    predicitive is great, although its crap on my panasonic gd87 as you cant store new words in the dictionary,
    i liked predictive text on my old phone but on nokia i like the clicky buttons. and this way i dont come up with weird messages where i havent noticed its put in the wrong word without my consent.