Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is it the rebound?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As many of you will know I recently split with Laura.... but now I am starting to fancy this other girl...

just need to know is this the rebound? and what should I do about it?

Comments

• Options
    Who knows? I would say "go for it" mate!
  • Options
    Try it!

Could be fun.
  • Options
    What have you got to lose? Go for it and enjoy it! :)
  • Options
    Dont worry so much, its not like this new girl is gonna expect you to propose to her is it?! Go for it if it develops cool if not you still had some fun finding out :)
  • Options
    ok, there is a complication. I will explain all, I couldn't earlier because she was sitting next to me. This girl is one of Laura's best mates. The thing is she fancies me I'm sure of it and I'm really good mates with her and have been for a long time. We talk and listen to each other for ages and don't judge or anything it's like a brilliant friend who you have known for years or something.

Anyway, after Laura broke up with me she has been really nice to me giving me loads of hugs and linking arms with me down the corridors and talking to me all the time. We even skipped a lesson together just to chat....

I was speaking to her and she said she has been thinking about me, and then I said it's nice for someone to think about me, and she said she likes thinking about how nice I am etc...

Then later, I asked her if she still fancied Sam (my best mate) and she said no, she fancies a different mate now, and I said who, and she said that would be telling. But she tells me everything, she even said I was the only person she felt free to talk to. So if she couldn't tell me I'm thinking she likes me. Either way she is a really good mate and I kinda fancy her too and I was wondering what I should do.....
  • Options
    oh and to add to the confusion my best mate and another mate fancy her too....
  • Options
    I miss school :(
  • Options

I guess what you should do, really depends on how much you like this girl, coz it sounds like you have a lot to risk, maybe you should wait a little while, and if you still want to be with her then you'll know its not a re-bound thing and worth making the risk for........ hmmm dis that make any sense what so ever? sorry if it didnt
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum

.........and me, life was so less complicated.:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheCymruKid

.........and me, life was so less complicated.:(

less complicated? have you not heard my predicaments. Ah i guess I don't have to pay bills, but all the same, starving myself surving on a 60p box of chips a day to save up for an X-Box and having arguments in science about the best console. It's a conspiracy I tells ya :crying:

I'll show them, I'll get an X-Box :angry:
  • Options
    Stay away! thats my advice, i miss school too! Oh to be back :sad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    Lol I was thinking the same!

Hehehe School was so cool, go in late, mess about in lessons, flirt with the girls and touch em up......

Go home, and do it all over again the next day!:D

Bliss!

Anyway, go with her. Ask her out (if you like her, leave it for a few weeks so you get over the break up you've just been through!)

Then go for it!
  • Options
    ask if she wants to go to cinema etc, then as you come outta the cinema, and she hugs you kiss her on the cheek then by her reaction you should know
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    ask if she wants to go to cinema etc, then as you come outta the cinema, and she hugs you kiss her on the cheek then by her reaction you should know

well all the time i have known her, being close to her i just keep noticing her lips and wanting to kiss her, even when I was with laura but i thought it was horniness and loneliness. Anyway I am scared of ruining my whole social circle if I pursue this. But on the other hand Laura is flirting outrageously with my best mate (even saying she may as well go out with him today) and we only broke up on saturday, so I guess she's setting the bar. For now I'm happy for her to be my friend but in maybe a week I'll have anew girlfriend (who knows?)

I'm jsut worried about how thick this is, so intertwined....

lol today someone pushed over a girl and hes getting suspended bloody hell...

in the olden days if you pushed a girl then you would get slapped maybe at a push and that would be it...
  • Options
    no dnt do it! ive done the whole brake up with guy then date his best mate thing its not a good idea at all! trust me it will only lead to heart ache
  • Options
    I think I might just continue to flirt with her a little bit, I mean not really flirting just being supportive (she just came out of a relatiuonship herself, though that only lasted 2 days hehe) and just become good mates.

I think for a girlfriend i'll have to look further afield because soon everyone in our social circle will have history with everyone else and itll be too complicated
  • Options
    eek this morning the girl i was telling you about has jsut turned up at my house...

lol its fun :)
  • Options
    Ok here's what you should do. Talk to her and find out who she likes. I'm pretty sure that she likes you but I can't be certain. Find out what you want. Do you want to keep her as a friend? or do you want more than just friendship? If you really like her then go and ask her out. I'm not sure whether its best to wait a while before you go into another relationship as you said you loved Laura and it would look weird jumping from one girl to another. But you are still young so do whatever pleases you the most and stand by your decision.
  • Options
    we are becoming closer as the time we spend together increases. i think soon I'll ask her round my house, and then i can have maybe an hour or so of 'talk time'

that should be fun...
  • Options
    lol theres lots of girls that need pushing more need punching but oh nooooo u cant hit a girl even though they kick u in the nuts or whatever

Anyroad...

Why the hell not pursure it :D intertwined my ass sod that just don't let it get heavy and laura sounds like shes being a bit evil too ta like rub it in ya face!
  • Options
    i think it may be bette rif me and ehr just become close friends. its going well at the moment, jsut being friends. owww i smashed my head today. but got Alan back. beat him up at lunch for making Emily cry. hehe he had tears in his eyes. serves the cunt right.

oh according to Adele Laura doesn't actually fancy my best mate.... I think she's getting used to the freedom. I could see the hurt on her face though when she saw me looking at photos of thesite's own GroovayBaby at school. Eek...

Walked off without saying anything.

i think me and adele being good friends will be best. i mean, if she likes me, thats great, because i will enjoy the attention, but then again i dont want to string her along. eek.