Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Flirting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need some advice!

I wanna know, from all the couples on here, where would you draw the line?
You got the verbal flirting which can be harmless as long as no intention is meant I suppose but what about physical flirting?

What would you do, if you partner went out with your friend, who were close, and were holding hands?
How do people precieve hand holding on here?
Personally I see it being for your partner only, showin then a sign of affection and also kind of sayin 'you are mine' by hangin on to them!

This topic caused a huge stink with me and my ex and I was just wondering other peoples opinions.

Comments

• Options
    I'd throw a strop & make sure he didn't do it again. It'd require quite a substantial amount of grovelling on his part to make me forget it to!
    But then, I don't think he'd ever do it :D
  • Options
    I would laugh and not worry about it at the time, for I would never cause a scene. Instead, I would jokingly and laughingly ask her the next day 'so, why were you holding hands with XYZ?' to which she would hopefully give me an honest answer.
  • Options
    I'd go ape shit

Or I'd have words with her, Make it known that I am unhappy and she'll need to do some serious sucking to make it up
  • Options
    It is understandable that most people would be annoyed if their partner was holding hands with another. But suppose that they were because there was fighting, amid a huge crowd, and that other tried to pull your partner out? Is that not acceptable? Sure it is. It is important to realise exactly why they were holding hands, and if it was for genuine, non-romantic reasons than that is surely fine.
  • Options
    If I caught my guy holding hands with another girl I would go mad! I would bloody hate it no way, I wouldn't even like him to verbally flirt but holding hands with them, no way!
  • Options
    Well - i have the tendency of getting really close to other ppl - especially my friends - male or female - that includes getting physically close aswell.

Hugging - kissing(small pecks) - walking hand in hand/arm in arm (with male or female)

So it depends on him and her - ask her!!

Obviously when my b/f isaround i tone things down - just so that he doesn't get hurt - but he knows what i am like with my friends and i have told him this from the begining - and i also told him that iam a big flirt and that he must not worry - he is the one that i love and who i come home to!!

;)
  • Options
    Thanx for all your replies!

Slinkygirl, you sound just like my ex!!
    She is also the one to get close to people and sees nothing wrong with holding hands! Linkin arms, I dont mind and of course a hug and peck on cheek to say goodbye is ok.
    Well the story is, she did go out with a friend and hold hands, in a cinema and sittin in the car with him! Now I didnt like it and told her to stop but she saw nothing wrong with it and carried on.
    Was I too hard or do I have a point?
  • Options
    Was she doing anything besides holding hands? Did she kiss him passionately or feel him in his private areas? If she did not, I would not worry about it. If you already know what she is like with her friends (read: friends) then that should be enough. I would just trust her. That said, it takes two to tango, so she should be more understanding and more willing to compromise.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shanecfc

She is also the one to get close to people and sees nothing wrong with holding hands! Linkin arms, I dont mind and of course a hug and peck on cheek to say goodbye is ok.
    Well the story is, she did go out with a friend and hold hands, in a cinema and sittin in the car with him! Now I didnt like it and told her to stop but she saw nothing wrong with it and carried on.

Did she do all this in front of you or not - see, i toned it down when my b/f is around - as in not to hurt him or make him jealous !!

We also have a very trusting realtionship!! And most of my mates are his mates!!

But if he asked me not to do it i would ftry and stop, cause he means the world to me!!:)
  • Options
    I do believe that holding hands with someone should be reserved for your partner. However, I have been known to hold hands with my friends in the past when I have been drunk, and more recently (now that I don't get drunk!) when they have been drunk, in order to help them walk, lol.

If they are out and about walking through the streets or whatever then I would not see that as acceptable. Personally if I see a couple holding hands I assume (sometimes it may be wrongly) that they are a couple.

Perhaps your ex liked people to think she was really desirable etc?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shanecfc

Linking arms is grand- but I would be jealous and pretty pissed of it continued, surely she just stop it when you tell her it bothers you?
    Would she react the same if you did?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve

Linking arms is grand- but I would be jealous and pretty pissed of it continued, surely she just stop it when you tell her it bothers you?
    Would she react the same if you did?

I asked her this, and she said if I was that close to another girl, and I was doin it, she wouldn't like it and would dump me! I had no intention of doin it.

When we was with this friend, she didnt do anythin, still little flirty but that is her personality, I cant fault that.

Anyway, thanx for all the replies everyone, really appreciated!
  • Options
    Girls are quite hypocritical.

They are happy to flirt, dance, hold and look at the opposite sex, but if their man does there will be hell to pay!

It comes down to the fact that many girls still see men as "Weak, Brain in Penis" individuals who will easily stray with another girl.

I think that argument is flawed though as you could then say "Well the bloke you act that way with must be thinking it he wants some pussy too then!"
  • Options
    id deck him
    then we'd make up
  • Options
    I WOULD GO SO CRAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIEEEEEEEE
    hunt down the guy stab him with a key and force it all the thru his stomach....

sorry. thats not on what so evaaaaaaaaaa. in my opinion

i think i would probly shag her best mate and say good bye. and then kill the guy, and his mates, and their mates mates....
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    I WOULD GO SO CRAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIEEEEEEEE
    hunt down the guy stab him with a key and force it all the thru his stomach....

sorry. thats not on what so evaaaaaaaaaa. in my opinion

i think i would probly shag her best mate and say good bye. and then kill the guy, and his mates, and their mates mates....
    :lol: Madness!
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

Yeah I think most people have gathered by now that its me that Shanecfc is talkin about, so maybe I should let you hear my side.

It takes a lot to trust someone I know, as I've had practically every boyfriend cheat on me in the past. As Shane sed, I'm a very flirty person and I cant help that! What I did was wrong, and I'm quite aware of it as well. But being put through this torture really doesnt help! But maybe I deserve it.

I jus saw it as ok really, me and this other guy are really close friends. I do think the world of him and admit there is some chemistry between us, but I love shane with all my heart and would NEVER do anything with the intention to hurt him.

Shane now wants me to stop seeing this other guy which I think is unfair because beyond all the flirting, we are really good friends. And being the type of person I am I think it would drive me closer towards this other guy if shane stopped me from seeing him. I think its up to me to make that decision and not anyone else.
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

Yeah I think most people have gathered by now that its me that Shanecfc is talkin about, so maybe I should let you hear my side.

It takes a lot to trust someone I know, as I've had practically every boyfriend cheat on me in the past. As Shane sed, I'm a very flirty person and I cant help that! What I did was wrong, and I'm quite aware of it as well. But being put through this torture really doesnt help! But maybe I deserve it.

I jus saw it as ok really, me and this other guy are really close friends. I do think the world of him and admit there is some chemistry between us, but I love shane with all my heart and would NEVER do anything with the intention to hurt him.

Shane now wants me to stop seeing this other guy which I think is unfair because beyond all the flirting, we are really good friends. And being the type of person I am I think it would drive me closer towards this other guy if shane stopped me from seeing him. I think its up to me to make that decision and not anyone else.
  • Options
    but you're still flirting with this lad... and holding hands... which in my book means you can't exactly love your boy... if you did there'd be none of this at all.

all or nothing.
  • Options
    Aim, I aint stoppin ya seein him! Jus dont want ya flirtin with him and getting close!!
    You say it aint fair for me to say that?? Well is it fair for you to cavort with him like this, when I'm out the way?!?
    You know if I did anythin like this with another girl you'd dump me straght away so I dont see any reason why I shud put up with any of it any longer!
  • Options
    I kno baby, and I have said I'm sorry 4 wot I've dun. I cant change the past can I? And u sed 2 me "If u see him again we're finished". That gives me an indication that youre sayin I cant see him again. He took me 2 college 2day and nothin happened then did it?
    If theres an attraction there I cant help it, I dont go out wiv him with the intention to hold his hand or whatever do I? I just go with whatever feels comfortable at the time.
    I kno I wouldnt put up with it, and I'm not expecting u 2 either. I do love you with all my heart though and just remember that.
  • Options
    I kno baby, and I have said I'm sorry 4 wot I've dun. I cant change the past can I? And u sed 2 me "If u see him again we're finished". That gives me an indication that youre sayin I cant see him again. He took me 2 college 2day and nothin happened then did it?
    If theres an attraction there I cant help it, I dont go out wiv him with the intention to hold his hand or whatever do I? I just go with whatever feels comfortable at the time.
    I kno I wouldnt put up with it, and I'm not expecting u 2 either. I do love you with all my heart though and just remember that.
  • Options
    Shane if you for some reason are still with her - End it now.

She obviously cannot control her feelings towards others depite somehow being in love with you.
  • Options
    Fuck that, I’d end it mate

Don’t mug yourself mate. You know if it were you sprouting that bullshit, she’d dump you!. I wouldn’t put up with it.

They *some birds* seem to think they can have one rule for them, and another for us, then have the audacity to say things ani't fair when it doesn’t go their way!:p

*Sorry, just trying to rattle the bees nest!*:p

Need to get my Friday excitement from somewhere!
  • Options
    Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Not even *i* am that bad...

And you my dear are a fuckin mug...i cant stand weak people like you. Shes fuckin you about and your still there wimpering. Get a grip.
  • Options
    add the fact your discussing it on this...

this sounds too stupid, is this for real???? :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Not even *i* am that bad...

And you my dear are a fuckin mug...i cant stand weak people like you. Shes fuckin you about and your still there wimpering. Get a grip.

Can I jus say....fuck you. How dare u call me a fuckin slag when you dont even know me? I kno I aint exactly an angel but I think thats a bit harsh.
    And Shane is NOT a mug- another judgement you obviously have no idea about. Its obvious you have never been in love. Just because I made 1 mistake does NOT mean I dont love him.
    I'm not the type to go pointing fingers but Shane has also lied to me and decieved me in the past, but we have overcome things and I have forgiven him. Maybe not the same case, but its still all about decieving.
  • Options
    Originally posted by naughtybutnice

Can I jus say....fuck you. How dare u call me a fuckin slag when you dont even know me? I kno I aint exactly an angel but I think thats a bit harsh.
    And Shane is NOT a mug- another judgement you obviously have no idea about. Its obvious you have never been in love. Just because I made 1 mistake does NOT mean I dont love him.
    I'm not the type to go pointing fingers but Shane has also lied to me and decieved me in the past, but we have overcome things and I have forgiven him. Maybe not the same case, but its still all about decieving.

How dare you tell me what to say! :lol:

Who cares if your a slag or not, your fuckin the kiddy about. He obviously is a mug, or he wouldnt still be with ya innit!

And as for the last paragraph, i ask...why are you still together? Neither of ya trust each other. Its pathetic.