Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My Neck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was in a car accident a couple of weeks ago (quite a serious one!), but everyone was ok! I had a pain in my shoulder and neck, don't think it was whiplash, because I could move it to an extent...

...anyway, the pain went away...until yesterday my back started hurting ( I lift heavy stuff at work!)...and this morning I got one spot of pain in my neck...ouch, doesn't hurt to move, hurts when I touch....

....I didn't go to hospital because it wasn't that serious at the time, but do you think I should go now, or is it just aches, because I am getting better? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only person who can tell you is your GP, it can't hurt to go and make an appointment hey?

Alternatively call NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

Susie :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only other person to know would be the radiologist.

You may have a hairline fracture, which i doubt. More likely a sprain which was agrravated by lifting...which uses the muscles on the back and shoulder.

Resting it would be a good idea and if any swelling or bruising appears in the area...you know you've got a fracture.