Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone feel like an under-achiever?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I'm gonna be 20 in a few days, and just feel a bit down.

I feel like I'm just a spectator in the sport of life, not having achieved anything special. Heading for a boring life of work.

More of a random thought, than a post

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes.
    I know exactly what you mean.
    Probably the worst thing is... that I'm tring to change, and the days just fly by and kinda merge into each other
    Originally posted by The Pendari Champion
    Probably the worst thing is... that I'm tring to change, and the days just fly by and kinda merge into each other

Yeah, that too.
    I'm too bloody lazy for my own good.

Time moves to fast when you're trying to change/get something done, doesn't it?
    Darn right it does, I decided to stop failing my degree after getting piss poor results, 6 weeks on, I'm way behind on my work! ARGH
    Originally posted by The Pendari Champion
    Darn right it does, I decided to stop failing my degree after getting piss poor results, 6 weeks on, I'm way behind on my work! ARGH

You're doing computing, right?
    I managed to get 30% for my second year, first semester results (more to do with being kept up by housemates, rather than not knowing the stuff).
    Luckily it was only 10 credits...so it can be made up elsewhere.

I'm a comp sci student, and it's not an amazingly hard (although some bits are complex) degree...it's just being bothered and doing the work...which is the hard bit!

Good luck on catching up :)
    i feel that although i have good grades, thats all they are, i dont have any acheivments or anything. and i dont see how i can go on to get any... how does one go about getting the nobel prize??????
    It`s not so terrible living a quietly anonymous life Shyboy, you really can be quite happy that way.

On the other hand if you have any burning ambitions you should go for it. Figure out what you want and work out how to make it happen. Small steps.

Also the older you get the faster the time goes. Cliche, but it`s true.
    I'm probably considered a waster, rather than under-achiever.

When I was in primary school I passed my SAT's with level 5 and did 'special exams' for level 6, the average 14 year olds grade..

I then went to comp, went off the rails (head messed up from divorce etc) and pretty much wasted my intelligence ever since.. I did my GCSE's pissed, the ones I actually did, still luckily scraped 1 A, 2 Bs 4 Cs 1D and a U..Quit college, quit a job I got from an apprenticeship, and it was all so wrong lol.

Oh well, my head is slowly coming back together (I hope)..I got a job now, I'm looking at Uni etc..but oh well.

I made up for it being honest and loyal and a party animal :D

I dunno, whats with all the deep and meaningful threads today, or is it just me? Interesting..
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    I'm probably considered a waster, rather than under-achiever.

..I got a job now, I'm looking at Uni etc..but oh well.

What does that "but oh well" mean Cheese? Do you think you`re a waster? Shall I tell you what I think?

I think nothing in life is a waste, as long as you learn from it. Some people never learn anything and keep repeating the same mistakes over and over. You can`t change the past, it`s gone. So look to the future instead. It`s immaterial really whether you lived up to expectations at school. What really counts is what you do now. You`ve got your whole life ahead of you.
    Anyone feel like an under-achiever?

All the time! :(
    Under achieving is great. Who wants to push themselves to the limit anyway! :eek2:
    My mam and dad think I'm some kinda whizz-kid.

Which I'm really not :confused:
    hmmm have been wondering about things like that lately, and found this on a website somewhere....it enables you to discover your purpose in life....

THE BASIC TECHNIQUE
    This technique allows you to identify your purpose by bypassing the conditioned thought associations relating to ‘permission’ and ‘disapproval’ syndromes:
    1. Identify what you like about yourself.
    2.Identify how you most like spending your time.
    3.Imagine your idea of a perfect world.
    Your purpose is what links these three things together. In other words, it is the way you can use your favourite characteristics, abilities and attributes in activities you like best, to manifest your vision of a perfect world. Don’t be deceived by the simplicity of this technique

k...seems that i should be using my breasts in social situations to create a peacful world free of prejudice....may try this again when i have a bit more time
    Originally posted by Miffy

What does that "but oh well" mean Cheese? Do you think you`re a waster? Shall I tell you what I think?

I think nothing in life is a waste, as long as you learn from it. Some people never learn anything and keep repeating the same mistakes over and over. You can`t change the past, it`s gone. So look to the future instead. It`s immaterial really whether you lived up to expectations at school. What really counts is what you do now. You`ve got your whole life ahead of you.

I suppose, things just aren't how they should've been I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I don't let it get to me, much. I'm the kind who lives for today so I guess that's where my care free kinda attitude comes from, although sometimes I do get reckless with stupid things I've done.

I suppose it's hard coming coming from a rich background, supposedly being the 'whizz kid' and just throwing it all down the pan.

Arg, I can't explain this without getting all deep and giving you my life story, haha.

Which would take a few weeks to type :p

Don't worry, I've got a bad head, but it's OK because I know I do.

hehe :lol:

Arg, I can't explain this without getting all deep and giving you my life story, haha.

It`s ok, you don`t have to because I`m in pretty much the same situation. I came from a good background, went to grammar school, was very gifted at certain things, was considered a "star pupil" and certain to have a very bright future etc.etc. But still, I ended up taking drugs and sleeping in a carpark.
    I don't think there are many people who are true under achievers.

There are a lot of people who are unsatisfied with their lives and more often than not blame this on some semi-traumatic event in their childhood.
    Bumblebee, did you mean that just generally, or did you mean me? :)
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Bumblebee, did you mean that just generally, or did you mean me? :)
    No I meant in general but it was prompted by something someone said in this thread, although it wasn't you. :)
    Yeah, I should probably stop the drugs, but instead I just keep taking more and different ones, I like them though.

I think I took too much powder this week, my mind feels all spacey, as it does. lol. hmm..

I'm going to email someone for proper chats! lol, or someone email me:p

Preferably on my work email (if you have it, hint hint Lacy :P)

Preferably on my work email (if you have it, hint hint Lacy :P)

Damn thought id got away :p
    Originally posted by LacyMay

Damn thought id got away :p

Fine, don't bother, I'm used to rejection anyway :impissed:

:naughty:

Fine, don't bother, I'm used to rejection anyway :impissed:

:naughty:

*has emailed you*

Least i think it was you...
    Originally posted by LacyMay

*has emailed you*

Least i think it was you...

U know full well its me :p

Besides, I know you love me long time. :lol:
    Originally posted by candy

k...seems that i should be using my breasts in social situations to create a peacful world free of prejudice....may try this again when i have a bit more time

:lol:

Go for it, souns more likely than alot of other peoples aims.........
    see, i dont' find myself to be an under achiever at all acutally. like, this morning, i woke up, and it takes me little to no effort to keep my own heart beating. i think i've done quite well in my short time around. its just the *other* people that disagree...