Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Argh!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I've not had a good day with my pc and I really aint impressed at the mo. Basically It all fucked up earlier...silly compressed disks not liking things and corrupting ikkle bits of my hard drive. Anyways enough of that. Eded up in me having to re-install windows and wiping everything.

2 problems

1. I've lost my dial up number to my virgin 24 7 connection....any ideas where I can find it from again since I don't seem to be able to on the net,

2. All my colours are buggered. Can't get more than 16 colours which really aint up to much. How can I sort that out?

please help quickly...i've had enough of it for one day. Thanks, :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1) The problem with the colours is related to you not having the drivers for your particular graphics card.

Simple solution, go to nvidia.com, ati, or who ever made the chip set, and download the drivers.

2) the virgin number, thats a tough one. Even on their website, on the actual page about which number to dial, all it says is that its an 0808 or 0800 number <http://tinyurl.com/85ne> check it out.

Your best bet, is to e-mail customer support, or give 'em a ring, they will be happy to give you the number, email them from <http://tinyurl.com/85nr>
    Thanks for help with the drivers...and you managed to remind me I do actually have the drivers, rather than having to rely on the windows ones.

Yeah thats all I could find on the virgin website as well. Had already emailed them and so for the time being I'm on PAYG which aint making me right happy. They'd best get back to me quickly or there'll be trouble. Me not in good mood.

Doesn't help that everyone that I turn to for pc help cracked up at me when I told them what had happened and wouldn't help me out. Ah well...nearly sorted now I suppose. Finish it off tomorrow and all should be ok. :D
    Its not that funny, I KNOW.

Windows is such a crap operating system, that I end up reformatting and re-installing every few months, just to recover from crashes and make it semi stable again. And of course, I forget half my passwords and cool site links, but hey....
    From the virgin.net Mac instructions...

To access the 24seven unmetered access service, please enter the following number: 0808 993 3069.

To access the 24seven backup access service, please use the following number: 0845 455 0500.
    They've given me the number 0808 990 9030 but it's busy everytime I try it. grr....! Mad. My pc's just fucked at the moment. God knows how i've got this far on it. New sections of my hard disk keep corrupting. As long as what's there last about another month I'm happy. New ones coming then. Need now.

oh anyone else having difficulties signing into msn tonight or is that just me as well?