Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

It is actually ok to say "FUCK"..No, really.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'll tell you what it means.

FUCK is an acronym for..

Fornication
Under
Command of the
King

It was brought about in the 1700s when the plague was kicking about, and about three thirds of the British population had dropped dead. The King of England, and Scotland or whoever was the Top Bloke at that century decided to make a Law for every household to fornicate at least three children. And it's been taken out of context, and turned into summat nasty and rude.

But there ya go.

The Bebedawl ain't just a pretty blonde random horny moo.:yes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    actually it's
    Fornication
    Under
    Consent of
    King.

</pedant>
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    actually it's
    Fornication
    Under
    Consent of
    King.

</pedant>

I'm not liking you.

PUNK
    Originally posted by bebedawl

I'm not liking you.

PUNK

i don't think you're so hot either... and please don't call me punk, i don't like being associated with those wannabe skateboard idiots. thank you.
    lmao.

aww..kk, petal.:thumb:
    d'ya reckon there are a lot of people called gordon bennet???

reckon it pisses them off?

:chin:
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    d'ya reckon there are a lot of people called gordon bennet???

reckon it pisses them off?

:chin:

my dad knew a guy called gordon bennet (true, honest, ask him...) :D

my dad knew a guy called gordon bennet (true, honest, ask him...) :D

but did it piss him off?

(just noticed that the post i was commenting on has vanished and now i look random as hell...)
    i dunno, i think he found it amusing.

also i noticed the lack of post... spooky.
    "Fuck
    Popular etymologies agree, unfortunately incorrectly, that this is an acronym meaning either Fornication Under Consent of the King or For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, the latter usually accompanying a story about how medieval prisoners were forced to wear this word on their clothing. "
    and please don't call me punk, i don't like being associated with those wannabe skateboard idiots. thank you.
    :rolleyes:

How can you be a wannabe skateboard idiot? What do you "want to be"? A skateboarder or an idiot or both? You are suggesting that they aren't skateboarders (so what do they do? Just carry one about with them) and that they aren't idiots, but they yearn to be one.

I know exactly what you think you were saying, but you weren't saying that at all.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I know exactly what you think you were saying, but you weren't saying that at all.

:lol:

How can you be a wannabe skateboard idiot? What do you "want to be"? A skateboarder or an idiot or both? You are suggesting that they aren't skateboarders (so what do they do? Just carry one about with them) and that they aren't idiots, but they yearn to be one.

if you know exactly what i'm saying then why bother posting? for those (you) who didn't understand, i meant i didn't want to be associated with the kids who run around with skateboards pretending to be Tony Hawk et al...

you know where the door is...:rolleyes:

if you know exactly what i'm saying then why bother posting? for those (you) who didn't understand, i meant i didn't want to be associated with the kids who run around with skateboards pretending to be Tony Hawk et al...
    Hmm, now I did not say I know exactly what you were saying did I? I said I know exactly what you think you were saying.

Now whose the pedant eh? :wave:

And I don't think they are pretending to be Tony Hawk! Do they say to one another "look, I'll be Tony Hawk and you can be so-and-so"? I very much doubt it.

I don't see anything wrong with trying to emulate someone you look up too. Would you be as eager to put down someone who wanted to be an opera singer like Charlotte Church or a footballer like David Beckham?? Everyone has a hero at one stage or another in their lives. Let them get on with it.

Furthermore, when she called you a "punk" I don't think she meant you dress in tartan with a safety pin through your nose, I think she was using it as the traditional form of insult (see most American films from the 80s for more clearer references).

Oh and kids who skateboard and by your reckoning think they are Tony Hawk may not even consider themselves to be "punk" - that is your label, not theirs.

Furthermore, when she called you a "punk" I don't think she meant you dress in tartan with a safety pin through your nose, I think she was using it as the traditional form of insult (see most American films from the 80s for more clearer references).

? *sighs* i realise she meant it in an american way, but then you don't know how i saw it so you can't really say shit can you? but no, you continue to do so...

? *sighs* i realise she meant it in an american way, but then you don't know how i saw it so you can't really say shit can you? but no, you continue to do so...
    Yes I can ... shit. That wasn't so hard was it?

:lol::lol:

Yes I can ... shit. That wasn't so hard was it?

:lol::lol:

excuse me if i don't laugh...
    *hugs bumble bee and offers camonmile tea* ;)
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    *hugs bumble bee and offers camonmile tea* ;)
    :cool:
    God bigman..you are a pillock.

Shut up, you n00b. *waves fist*

Bumble bee is the biz, even though she despises my randomness. :D
    big_man rocks my socks.

:D
    Originally posted by bebedawl
    God bigman..you are a pillock.

Shut up, you n00b. *waves fist*

Bumble bee is the biz, even though she despises my randomness. :D
    Thanks hun! I shouldn't post in the mornings - all I do is argue with people, lol!! I was just trying to wind him up and it worked quite well.

Randomness has a place on these boards, so perhaps someone should crown you the Queen of Randomness!
    Ooer @ this thread.