Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

american unemployment.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when the troops get back home to america are they going to have jobs to return to? what with bush taking a trillion dollars out of the economy and giving this money to his friends and family. what kind of future will be facing these men? especialy the wounded and psycologicaly damaged? will they be treated the same as most of the vietnam vets? appallingly!

Comments

• Options
    You know what I hadn't even thought about the effects of the war on US employment....

Mind you. If this is a war against Terorist not Iraq Bush has plenty of other countries he could send his troops to next....
  • Options
    And undoubtedly will do unless he and his cronies are given the boot in 2004. How im praying for that to come to pass!
  • Options
    If the Iraq war "goes well" - meaning we remove Hussain from power no doubt the Bush admin will still be in power.

The public has a short memory: In Britain we protest now, but when we win the war no doubt public opinion will do a U turn. From what I have seen on the news most Americans seem pro war....
  • Options
    Which frightens me all the more. So many people so incapable of seeing how they're being lead down the primrose path to perdition.

I can only pray that the economy pulls Dubyah down like it did his daddy.
  • Options
    This thread has completely gone away from the point but....

I guess it is a risk you take in democracy. Most of my friends, all be it 16 year olds are wrongly informed about the war. They can't see behind the propaganda. Most of the public can't... A flaw in democracy - at least now.

Not that I can suggest anything better than it though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jo_is_an_Angel
    If the Iraq war "goes well" -
    but when we win the war ....
    it is not written in stone that we will win. baghdad is the same size as newyork or london with a poulation of nearly 8 million. what the hell are they going to do when they get there if they find the iraqi people don't actualy want them there? what a lovely target for the likes of alqueda and a bazillion other previously indifferent arabs who are now extremely angry? winning the war might be the easy bit but winning the peace i fear will be almost impossible. thats when the body bags will start filling up.
  • Options
    And given that the Bush admin has (albeit wrongly) linked this invasion to the WoT, I concur with one policy analyst ive read who pointed out that Bush is likely to find that he has "won the Battle only to lose the war".

With arab public sentiment increasingly galvanizing against Washington's arrogance and stance of pertpetual warmongering, its likely that we will find ourselves in a world divided along ethnic and religious lines like never before with increasing prepared to hit us where and when we least expect it.

Not a world Id wish anyone to grow up in and thus why I pray these right wing nutcases will be exposed asap for all their lies and underhanded dealings (much of which isnt even centered around their foreign policy) and thrown out, or better yet put away for betraying the public trust.
  • Options
    The people taking part in this war are professional soldiers (on the coalition side) so the issue of decommisioning conscripts is not an issue.......