Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cellulite

i have really minging cellulite on my arse and on the top/backs of my thighs.

how do i go about getting rid of it with out having to spend 100s of pounds?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well allegedy (Havent noticed really any great difference doing all this, but here goes anyway...), to get rid of cellulite without breaking the bank you should...
    Drink lots of water to flush the toxins out
    Exercise to firm the skin up
    Exfoliate and/or use a body brush, brushing towards the heart (not really sure what the purpose of this is but I cling on to every last hope:D )
    Thats it.

You can also get products which dont break the bank, quite how good they are I'm not sure. For example Boots Botanics do a "Firming Gel", which might help when combined with the others, but I think its more of a temporary effect really.

As you can tell I am a bit cynical about whether these actually work, it often seems to me like cellulite is just one of those facts of life.

Good luck anyway in your quest btw! :D. If you find anything that really works, let me know!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sprouts
    to get rid of cellulite without breaking the bank you should...
    Drink lots of water to flush the toxins out
    Exercise to firm the skin up
    Exfoliate and/or use a body brush, brushing towards the heart

:yes:
  • Options
    why do we get cellulite? is it just cos we have loads of fat in the cellulity areas and its getting to much and rippling?
  • Options
    something to do with the structure of fat.

plus as ladies we are more prone to it than the men (our bodies naturally store more fat) do it's a lot more obvious.

just an unfortunate fact of life, i think :)
  • Options
    I read about this the other day, somewhat randomly and since women have more body fat than men and have a different way of storing it, they are more prone to getting it. Women are designed to have babies and having more fat protects the growing baby.

When I said 'more prone than men' I meant that men can get it too (I have a little bit at the top of my thigh - I'm not in the least bit overweight though).

Best way to get rid, or at least reduce it is to do more exercise (strenuous exercise like running up hills or something) and watch what you eat. Men like me have it easy because we don't store as much fat so eating crap laden with fat doesn't tend to show, but being female, you have to realise that fat is stored more readily.
  • Options
    Men store just as much fat as women. They just tend not to store it on their hips and thighs. Cellulite isn't a disease :)