Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i just saw a camal, and i live in leicester?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how crazy. I was on the bus going through blaby (village next to mine in leics) and there was four camals and three zebras in the field!!! AND they had no water and hardly any room.
The fucking circus has come to town.
Im really peeved actually cuz the circus that usually comes hasnt any animals, but this new one has, and they obviously arent being kept very well... i mean... a zebra - in blaby??!!!!

i hate circus's that keep animals like that. And i just needed to express my anger. so. poo. :impissed:

bastards

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can sometimes seem lamas and buffalos in fields, too.

Perhaps they took the wrong turning, or perhaps they form a relatively new niche for milk and meat.
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    You can sometimes seem lamas and buffalos in fields, too.

Perhaps they took the wrong turning.

:lol: I know i'm sad but this made me laugh.:)
    lol ya tart!

lama's arent that great you know... i have one in my garden. he's four now. his name is percy :p:D
    Originally posted by badabing
    lol ya tart!

lama's arent that great you know... i have one in my garden. he's four now. his name is percy :p:D

Percy? You could have called him something decent - like Larry! :p
    but larry's my buffalo's name! god mobily - keep up! ;)
    Originally posted by badabing
    but larry's my buffalo's name! god mobily - keep up! ;)

LOL. I'm sorry, but I could never be as quick as you, for I am, in comparison, a grandad (read: slow). :p
    i always knew there was somjething weird about Blaby...........
    I hate animal circuses too. When I was in France we drove past one every day, which had about 10 tigers in this tiny little cage which was in full sun, no shade, and nothing else in the cage at all...it was horrible. They should all be banned.
    camels can go for months without water. and thats in the desert. leicesters not as hot.
    bloody assylum seekers!
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    i always knew there was somjething weird about Blaby...........

lol, and where in leicester do you reside??? (when at uni of course)
    He lives where my ex does....I think....
    I think that circuses are the height of aminal cruelty and should be baned world wide, even zoo's are cruel - i know that most of the animal are there cause they can't be released into the wild and some are born there - but still -wils animals should never have to see humans and know what a cage is - they should be able to run wild with no boundries!!

The Kruger National Park here in south africa - is the closest to inclosed animals that i can bear to see - the park is about the size of germany and is very protected and makes for a great holiday!!!:)
    lol, does anyone drive up the motorway, cant remember which one, goes somewhere out of South Wales (M4) to somewhere in England..lol..and there's a fake camel in a field on the way back (I think)..I hope someone else has seen it, unless it was all the drugs :(;)

As for the cruelty thing..Yeah it is a bit, but do you eat meat? Do you know where and how its produced? Humanely or not? Free-range eggs..etc etc..?

:rolleyes:
    Well i don't eat red meat - unless it is free range and that rules out all resturants and i won't cook it and i only bye free range eggs and chickens - my dad works at a free range hatchery - and i have seen it with myu opwn eyes - they are free range - and Cows and chickens have not been wild animals for centuries!!!

I suppose that the same goes for fur - the minx and other animals are bread for their fur - and if you are against fur - thinks about this - do you own anything mage of leather and do you eat meat??? if yes then why not wear fur??
    No, I don't eat meat, I try to not wear leather, and I was Vegan for a year.

I wasn't having a go or anything, just curious, seems to be a lot of double standards when it comes to animal cruelty.

I mean, I hate the fact I eat dairy sometimes because I know what goes on, but I had a lot of dietary problems because of the drugs and lack of eating properly...

And sorry, but the fact these animals 'havent been wild for centuries' is no excuse. They were wild, they are now mass produced and culled mainly for profit.

I don't really want to get into a debate about, it's a really complex area and there are a lot of view points to be considered, just thought I'd stick my 2p worth in :p
    I've ridden on a camel. It was weird.
    I live in sunny Birstall.....

(when not at uni)
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast

And sorry, but the fact these animals 'havent been wild for centuries' is no excuse. They were wild, they are now mass produced and culled mainly for profit.

I don't really want to get into a debate about, it's a really complex area and there are a lot of view points to be considered, just thought I'd stick my 2p worth in :p

I fully agree but there is nothing that we can do to prevent what is already going on - i mean you can choose not to support it - becoming vegan is a good way!!

They are not only produced for profit - but for food and a profit is made form them - i do not belive in massproduced animals pumbed with hormones and stuff - i belive in old style farm animals!!!

:)
    Originally posted by slinkyGirl1

I fully agree but there is nothing that we can do to prevent what is already going on - i mean you can choose not to support it - becoming vegan is a good way!!

They are not only produced for profit - but for food and a profit is made form them - i do not belive in massproduced animals pumbed with hormones and stuff - i belive in old style farm animals!!!

:)

Do you think the meat you eat is not mass produced etc? :)

At the end of the day, my dad eats meat, all of my friends bar one do, so I'm obviously not to going to have a problem with people doing it, I know it's how society works.

But doesn't the fact I am alive and healthy (apart from substance abuse) show that in this day, with technology etc as it is, we can all live perfectly healthily without meat.

It's not so much the eating of meat I don't like, just when it's done inhumanely.

Check out Milk Sucks and Peta
    Cool cool cool!!!

i know what you mean!!

I do eat meat - but very rarly , i know meat is meat no matter how often!! - but that is food - they kill it you eat it - circuses to me are diff - they are captured from the wild and treated like toys and that to me is wrong!!:mad:
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    I live in sunny Birstall.....

(when not at uni)

ah my mate lives there. You know someone called Simone?

and zella... your PM box is full :mad: :D
    Sadly not, Birstall is quite big. I would probably recognise her though.........