Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should Byers resign?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Fairly simple one this time. Should he stay or should he go?

Personally I don't care about what he did or didn't do. The fact is that he has lost support of the Civil Service and, I suspect, a huge swathe of the population.

On that basis, I say <STRONG>GO</STRONG>

Comments

• Options
    Definately..

I agree with you, what he did or didnt do is really irrelevent at this point. Nobody trusts him, most people cant stand him and he certainly has no credibility left. He should have done the decent thing and resigned.
  • Options
    Its also fairly irresponsible of Blair to not force his resignation; it can only cause dissatisfaction with government among the people. But then again, when you've got a majority the size of Blair's, an opinion rating to match, and the most amateur, ineffective opposition in history, does he really care what anyone thinks?

I think not.
  • Options
    I agree with MoK and Baldy.

It's not just about who was right and who was wrong, or who lied and who didn't - it's about trust. When a government minister loses the respect of his civil servants and the trust of the public, they should <STRONG>go</STRONG>.