Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

hearing back from unis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi, I finally decided to go to Bristol as my first choice and Durham my second choice.
I replied to UCAS and heard back from them with my final decisions list about 3 weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything back from either Bristol or Durham.
How long does it normally take to hear back from places? I wanted to fill out the accommodation form asap so I can hope to get the one I really want to go to, but I haven't had it!! Should I be worrying?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there its up to the universities when they get back to you they can leave you waiting for a very long time!! They will tell you eventually just be patient for now. Good luck.:)
    Hi there,

As aforementioned, it takes differing levels of time to receive a decision from universities. However, you should hear from them relatively soon for your acceptance letter must be received by UCAS by April 31.

It is an understandably anxious process that should be soon over. :)

James.
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Hi there,

As aforementioned, it takes differing levels of time to receive a decision from universities. However, you should hear from them relatively soon for your acceptance letter must be received by UCAS by April 31.

It is an understandably anxious process that should be soon over. :)

James.

Hi, I think we're talking about different things. I had the decisions from all my universities by the end of December. I have sent my acceptance letter off and have heard back from UCAS (as I said in my first post!!)...It's just the hearing back about accommodation etc I'm worrying about, I'm definitely going to Bristol, have my offer which I should have no problem getting the grades for...I was just hoping to get the accommodation I really want, that's all.

But...I'll just have to be patient! Thanks for your replies!
    Hi,

A lot of the larger universities send out their accommodation forms sometime in April/May.

Just be patient (I know it feels like forever!)

:)
    Ah I see.

Yes, accommodation forms are normally sent out around June, with a rough return deadline of about the end of July.
    May I ask which college you have applied to at Durham? (I realise that you probably won't end up there!)
    Trevelyan...

Well, I actually applied to University since it was the only one I knew anything about, but got a place at Trevs, which suits me fine because I prefer it....

But..shouldn't end up there at all, like you said :)