Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Desperate measures to wake up...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need some desperate measures of waking myself up on days that I HAVE to be up.
I used have an alarm clock right next my bed, but I used to switch it off and fall back asleep (sometimes in my sleep, without even realising).
Now I set my mobile phone alarm, and put it on the other side of the room, so I have to get out of bed to switch it off.
OMG, guess what happened this morning? I had to be up at 8.30am, and I swear I must have sleep-walked to my mobile, turned it off, and then I fell back asleep.
Its especially a problem when I went out the previous night, and slept at about 4am.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    do you have no-doze over there? they are pretty strong caffiene pills. depending on your tolerence, take one or two or three or whatvere, and you can either take them at night and you just wont sleep, so you dont' have to worry about wakig up, or take them in the morning. but make sure to eat with them or you'll feel like shit
    I'm just like that when it comes to getting up. I have two alarm clocks and my phone, and I can sleep through them all! So it doesn't matter if I do put them on the other side of the room. And I'd swear I've got up, turned off the alarm, and crawled back in to bed without being aware of it, or having any memory of it. :(
    I don't know why, but it's always taken me sooo much effort to get up in the morning. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Ive got a great alarm clock its called my Dad, he always has to get up earlier than me so i just get him to wake me up and if he doesnt i can blame him for being late :D