Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Fourteen dead in helicopter crash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Supposedly 14 (8 British and 4 US) military personnel died in a helipcoter crash in the war. Was it an accident or were they shot down by Iraqi forces?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    (isn't that 12?)

Thats sad :(

I would imagine it was an accident though, they are unfortunatekly helicopter accidents seem comparitively common in modern armed forces..........
    The first british killed, and guess which country is responsible?

Here's a hint, it's not the iraqi's....

Although it could be a little unfair to blame the americans... A good share of the blame should go to Mr. Blair.
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    (isn't that 12?)

:lol: Some shocking maths there monocrat! ;)

Those choppers and their bigger Chinooks are slightly on the dodgy side unfortunately.

Like with the last Gulf War it would seem that at least 9 out of 10 casualties will be down to accidents and friendly fire.
    Jesus, poor guys. War is never bloodless as certain people seem to think it is now. Missiles don't turn left at traffic lights and Modern technology is not infallible.
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    The first british killed, and guess which country is responsible?

Here's a hint, it's not the iraqi's....

Although it could be a little unfair to blame the americans... A good share of the blame should go to Mr. Blair.
    exactly what me and my husband were saying this morning, hes actually pro war (hes ex army) but says the american army are always killing the wrong people as theyre so trigger happy.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

exactly what me and my husband were saying this morning, hes actually pro war (hes ex army) but says the american army are always killing the wrong people as theyre so trigger happy.

im wondering how long it is before the british units recieved "freindly fire" and are bombed by accident by the US troops.