Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Today...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
...i was outraged that a anti war protest blocked my route to go shopping in the centre of town.

HOW SELFISH!!

...i mean that white knee length coat was on special offer, who knows how many are left now :hyper:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    y'know, i'm pretty sure you're joking, but you kinda raise an important point...

the anti-war protesters blocked major routes, at least in leeds. but what if an ambulance was waiting to get through, or someone was rushing to visit a dying relative...
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie

the anti-war protesters blocked major routes, at least in leeds. but what if an ambulance was waiting to get through, or someone was rushing to visit a dying relative...

*coughs* The coat... ;)
  • Options
    i know. i feel for you.

*bestows great sympathy*

:p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

the anti-war protesters blocked major routes, at least in leeds.

Tell me bout it! Talk bout a pain in the backside, it took me 40mins to get from the Quarry House goverment building to the Evening post buildings. shocking!
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT

Tell me bout it! Talk bout a pain in the backside, it took me 40mins to get from the Quarry House goverment building to the Evening post buildings. shocking!

shoulda run them over.
  • Options
    now there's an idea *evil grins* mwahahahaha
  • Options
    ah you'd LOVE London on the 4th Firday of every month... it's 'Critical Mass' day........ a day on which thoooooooosands of cyclists, roadies, mountainbikers etc all get together to block traffic.

bikes > cars.

yes.

nuff said.

rock on sister!
  • Options
    Grr evil cyclists, damn them all! No wait, I am a cyclist, good cyclists, err erm im just confused
  • Options
    Originally posted by don_prestoni
    Grr evil cyclists, damn them all! No wait, I am a cyclist, good cyclists, err erm im just confused

i must visit on one of those fridays, just to be among the crowds of like minded idiots. :D
  • Options
    road is for cars, not people.

you wanna wander around on the road? fine. just don't be surprised if i run you over.

:yes:
  • Options
    road is for cars, not people.

you wanna wander around on the road? fine. just don't be surprised if i run you over.

:yes:

but if you know your history i think you'll find people were around long before cars were honey... :p also i think you'll appreciate that a human run over at 40mph can make quite a mess of your beloved car (so just gently nudge them out of the way instead of charging at them :D )
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_

i think you'll appreciate that a human run over at 40mph can make quite a mess of your beloved car (so just gently nudge them out of the way instead of charging at them :D )

my tactics are to get them with the corner of my bonnet and kinda fling them out of the way.
  • Options

my tactics are to get them with the corner of my bonnet and kinda fling them out of the way.

hmm, i have a game you might like then... involves running people down lots. :D gotta love Carmageddon!
    i was in the war!

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYOW

*SPLOOOOOOOODGE*

:D:D:D
  • Options
    OH ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE WANK AND FUCKING BOLLOCKS>>>>>>
    They would have moved for an ambulance, Cyclists are good. if youo are in a car and run over a pedestrian you go to court..

You tossers

PS - I've had wine...red wine,................
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    if youo are in a car and run over a pedestrian you go to court..

only if it's your fault.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    OH ARSE ARSE ARSE ARSE WANK AND FUCKING BOLLOCKS>>>>>>
    They would have moved for an ambulance, Cyclists are good. if youo are in a car and run over a pedestrian you go to court..

You tossers

PS - I've had wine...red wine,................

i knew i didn't like you from just the name... if you don't have anything constructive to add, please leave, press alt + f4 for an amazing animation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_

i knew i didn't like you from just the name... if you don't have anything constructive to add, please leave, press alt + f4 for an amazing animation.

OK....!!!!!! I'll just get my coat then...what the F is wrong with my name!! Get a sense of humour and you may last a bit longer thanthe 43 posts dearie!!

Here's something constructive...I cycle and have done for years and although i'm not anti car I feel there is a case to be made for the critical mass people who need to fight for better cycle paths and respect for cyclists.

People posting that yehy will run pedestrians over is just arse..of course they wouldn't.

As for the protests ...women wouldn't have the vote without them.

REMEBER..I'[ve had wine..red red wine...It has an effect on the brain

AND AGAIN ..WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY SODDING NAME...do you know what it means? NO ...so don't make judgements.. big - man- with -....(Brain/Attitude/small car!!)?
  • Options
    PS I retract the tossers comment - you are all nice people!!
  • Options

As for the protests ...women wouldn't have the vote without them.

the suffragettes protested peacefully. they chained themselves to railings, went on hunger strike, all the rest.

the only people they affected was themselves.

i don't really think you can compare the two situations.
  • Options

AND AGAIN ..WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY SODDING NAME...do you know what it means? NO ...so don't make judgements..

it's crap. ;) i judge whoever i wish. that's what's cool about sites such as this.
  • Options
    Not true... they famously threw themselves under horses thus endangering horse and jockey and killing themselves (themself!)
  • Options
    still don't think you can compare the two.
  • Options
    LacyMay did you get your coat? :(

Feckin protesters... if you need emotional support through this hard time... I'm always here for you...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    LacyMay did you get your coat? :(

No :(

I should have infiltrated the protest and beaten them with their own placards :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

No :(

I should have infiltrated the protest and beaten them with their own placards :chin:

thats a new low for me lol
  • Options
    Re: Today...
    ...i was outraged that a anti war protest blocked my route to go shopping in the centre of town.

HOW SELFISH!!

...i mean that white knee length coat was on special offer, who knows how many are left now :hyper:

:rolleyes: as if!!!
  • Options
    I had a meeting just opposite the Houses of Parliament. :mad:

Note use of past tense.
  • Options
    Re: Today...
    I was with these protesters. I was trying to get home from uni at about 6pm, but the protests started, so I just joined in. We started at the Hippodrome, and walked all the way to the M32 Junction. It was wicked, and for a good cause too. Whats with the complaining? I want MORE!!!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Today...
    Originally posted by crescendo
    I was with these protesters. I was trying to get home from uni at about 6pm, but the protests started, so I just joined in. We started at the Hippodrome, and walked all the way to the M32 Junction. It was wicked, and for a good cause too. Whats with the complaining? I want MORE!!!

See you proved what i already thought.

The protest was made up of posh uni students! People who've probably never even see a gun never mind a war! Would it kill you lot to actually do some work?! Instead of stopping everyone else doing what they wanna do!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Today...

See you proved what i already thought.

The protest was made up of posh uni students! People who've probably never even see a gun never mind a war! Would it kill you lot to actually do some work?! Instead of stopping everyone else doing what they wanna do!
    Come to think of it, I didn't really have choice. I had to catch a bus home, and the bus routes were obviously blocked, so I thought I might as well stick around. Good thing I did too cuz I've never seen anything like it in boring old Bristol.