Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tony Blair's speech and the news.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry, but I'm really getting fed up of all the "Bush and Blair are just murdering bastards" argument. Seriously, so many people jump on the anti-war bandwagon without thinking about what in the name of Christ they are talking about.

To cut a long story short, the action we are taking is the lesser of two evils.

Trust me, if we didn't go into Iraq, then loads, loads more people would have died.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    Trust me, if we didn't go into Iraq, then loads, loads more people would have died.

:yes:
  • Options
    :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RamnoR
    :chin:

:scratchin:

:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maypoo

:scratchin:

:lol:

Shutup! I couldn't remember the name of it! And I've just woken up. :mad:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Tony Blair's speech and the news.
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac

if it's long-term Saddam will strike back. And think about it, they even said *the chances of a terrorist attack are very high* :(

but if they kill saddam then he aint guna cause a terror attack is he?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Tony Blair's speech and the news.
    Originally posted by rockerchick

iraqi terrorist reprisal? just maybe?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tony Blair's speech and the news.
    Originally posted by Dreamer3k

Er im sure we can deal with that. We had threats from the bloody IRA for 30 odd years.

I think some of you forget ever since you were born you've been under threat from terrioism. It aint just suddenly started now.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tony Blair's speech and the news.
    Originally posted by LacyMay

Er im sure we can deal with that. We had threats from the bloody IRA for 30 odd years.

I think some of you forget ever since you were born you've been under threat from terrioism. It aint just suddenly started now.

i was responding to the post b4 mine
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tony Blair's speech and the news.

i was responding to the post b4 mine

Yes and i was responding to you.
  • Options
    there was supposed to be sarcasm in that post, but i guess it just wasn't sardonic enough. i'll try harder next time.
  • Options
    It is inevitable that innocent lives would be lost as a result of a war. However, one must balance this with the possible risk to the world should Hussein use weapons of chemical and biological mass destruction.

• Which is the greater evil?

• Should we not attack Iraq and thus not rid the country of its certain weapons, and consequently not safeguard the world?

• Which is more preferable, for innocent lives would be lost in both situations?

• If the war did not occur, then surely millions more people are at a far greater risk of death?

It is important to balance all of this in order to reach an informed, just decision, and not to be concerned with merely one aspect.

Never forget that most things are virtually uncertain, and what might not be expected to happen just might, and vice versa.

It is also important to consider whether it is an ‘illegal’ or unjust war, in view of both the lack of cooperation with the UN and the lack of public support by the public. Indeed, the government is supposed to act on belief of the people of its country, and by going against their wishes surely the government has breached a fundamental factor of a democracy? However, Blair is in power to make the final – and often disliked – decisions and to LEAD the country.

Considering the seriousness of the situation, does the end justify the means, or does the means justify the end? In my opinion justice is a continous process, for instance occurring from the very start of a hunch to the full execution of whatever, and if this ‘procedural justice’ is not achieved (i.e. if aspects of it was unfair, through incompetence, prejudice, etc) then the final result (the end) will not be just and thus ‘overall justice’ will not be achieved.
  • Options
    there was supposed to be sarcasm in that post, but i guess it just wasn't sardonic enough. i'll try harder next time.

Well why were you being sarcastic?

Its a discussion board. Or hadnt you noticed?
  • Options
    i can see that we're not gonna like each other very much. and i'm fine with that.

sarcasm.
    why do i use it? is it to belittle? annoy? get a point across? a sick form of humor? take your pick, but it's probably a mix of all of them.

why do i like it? it gives me a weird spin on life.

why will i use it again and again? because i'm a Class A asshole, and i use it as a form of sefl expression.
  • Options
    i can see that we're not gonna like each other very much. and i'm fine with that.

sarcasm.
    why do i use it? is it to belittle? annoy? get a point across? a sick form of humor? take your pick, but it's probably a mix of all of them.

why do i like it? it gives me a weird spin on life.

why will i use it again and again? because i'm a Class A asshole, and i use it as a form of sefl expression.

Why do you say that? Cos we have differing opinions on war? Do you hate everyone with a different opinion to you or something? I dont. Please just get over it yeah.

As for sarcasm. Its only used if you feel you dont have a valid point to make.
  • Options

Why do you say that? Cos we have differing opinions on war? Do you hate everyone with a different opinion to you or something? I dont. Please just get over it yeah.

As for sarcasm. Its only used if you feel you dont have a valid point to make.

all the people that i've argued with, over sarcasm, are at my throats. i have this tendancy to piss people off. some say i do it for fun, others just say i'm an asshole. you decide.

people with differing opinions, no i don't hate people just because our opinions differ. not even a mild dislike. it just comes across that way.

as for sarcasm, you've just never been embraced by it. few people have. many would say thats a good thing, but what do i know? i'm only sarcastic because i don't have any valid points, aren't i now? (that was sarcasm at work, btw)
  • Options
    Ahhh, isn't it a nice day outside :)
  • Options

all the people that i've argued with, over sarcasm, are at my throats. i have this tendancy to piss people off. some say i do it for fun, others just say i'm an asshole. you decide.

people with differing opinions, no i don't hate people just because our opinions differ. not even a mild dislike. it just comes across that way.

as for sarcasm, you've just never been embraced by it. few people have. many would say thats a good thing, but what do i know? i'm only sarcastic because i don't have any valid points, aren't i now?

I dont know you so i cant make that decision.

You just said:

"i can see that we're not gonna like each other very much. and i'm fine with that."

Just comes across like that does it?

And yes i have come across sarcasm. If you have to resort to sarcasm instead of giving valid arguments then i have to assume you have nothing else to say on the subject dont i.
  • Options
    Ahhh, isn't it a nice day outside :)

:lol: Hoo, hum de hum
  • Options

I dont know you so i cant make that decision.

You just said:

"i can see that we're not gonna like each other very much. and i'm fine with that."

Just comes across like that does it?

And yes i have come across sarcasm. If you have to resort to sarcasm instead of giving valid arguments then i have to assume you have nothing else to say on the subject dont i.

there wasn't anger, hatred or any other form of negativity attached to:
    that was supposed to be taken in "a-matter-of-fact" tone. you have to admit, arguing over something as trivial as sarcasm, is well...tedious. and with every reply i post, you are disliking me more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster

:lol: Hoo, hum de hum

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands :)
  • Options
    If you're happy and you know it clap your hands :)

Bitch. I wanted to say that.

*clap* *clap*

If your happy and you know it stamp your feet!
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster

If your happy and you know it stamp your feet!

I would, but everyone might think I was an angry alternative music fan :eek:
  • Options

there wasn't anger, hatred or any other form of negativity attached to:
    that was supposed to be taken in "a-matter-of-fact" tone. you have to admit, arguing over something as trivial as sarcasm, is well...tedious. and with every reply i post, you are disliking me more.

Yes thank you for completely patronising me.

I wasnt arguing about sarcasm actually, i was arguing about the fact you seem to want to just discard other peoples views by being a prick.
  • Options
    if youre happy and you know it and you really want to show it if your happy and you know it clap you hands
  • Options
    Now let's just try to clear this up before i have everyone on TheSite out for my blood. this arguement started when i responded to rockerchick's question

my answer:

i was mearly suggesting that if Saddam was to be killed, terrorists can and will counter attack.
    yes there was sarcasm in that.
    i was not stating that the UK could not handle the threat.
    i will also admit that the sarcasm wasn't necessary.

but i will not apologise for it, nor will i apologize for being me.
  • Options

being a prick.

and by calling me a prick, u've just validated what i've said.
  • Options
    Shukes and Kiezo:

It is very easy to for you to express your opinions and rant about ehat you think but why don't you come to politics and back them up?

Kiezo, you in particular started an argument in the 'patriotism' thread but have not returned.......care to come and make your response?
  • Options

and by calling me a prick, u've just validated what i've said.

Good.

Fuckin hell. When i replied quoting you, i wasnt talking to you, i was just using a point you made to emphasise my point.

Are you completly fucking stupid?
  • Options
    nope. just nosey