Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tony Blair's speech and the news.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
He just gave a five minute speech saying that the british forces are attacking from land sea and air. Then they showed horrific images of bombing Baghdad, and you heard the air raid sirens. I nearly cried....it's fucking HORRIBLE! and some of you are all for this....millions of people dying, some innocent....:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree Chaos - it's sick. NO FUCKING WAR!:no:
    Re: Tony Blair's speech and the news.
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    ....millions of people dying

Now don't under-do it :rolleyes:
    Re: Re: Tony Blair's speech and the news.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Now don't under-do it :rolleyes:

if millions of people haven't died yet...they will at this rate. I mean think about it, you think the war will stay in Iraq? if it's long-term Saddam will strike back. And think about it, they even said *the chances of a terrorist attack are very high* :(
    You're an idiot.
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    You're an idiot.

Tony Blair and George Bush are idiots. Another idiot is Wayne Bull who is against the war. His online screen name reads *kill the paki's*:rolleyes:

I'm not an idiot, I'm standing up for what I believe in. I'm not going to fall out with anyone over this. This web site is to post our opinions without silly childish comments like that thankyou:rolleyes:
    This web site is to post our opinions without silly childish comments like that thankyou:rolleyes:

They're better than your silly and childish opinions.
    Originally posted by Shukes

They're better than your silly and childish opinions.

So 55% of the people on this disussion board have a silly and childish opinions? I'm sticking up for what I believe in, I wish you'd all just fucking leave me be with all your digs at me, I'm beginning to wonder the point in me being here....
    If Saddam had bombed England and this was retaliation a lot of you against war would be thinking differently.

So 55% of the people on this disussion board have a silly and childish opinions? I'm sticking up for what I believe in, I wish you'd all just fucking leave me be with all your digs at me, I'm beginning to wonder the point in me being here....

The way you act is silly and childish. You're an attention seeker.

Look at the way you blow things all out of proportion - millions of people dying? You call Bush and Blair idiots - why?
    Read up on Sadam, then try again.
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Read up on Sadam, then try again.

That might have been more cutting if you'd spelt his name right :D

The way you act is silly and childish. You're an attention seeker.

Look at the way you blow things all out of proportion - millions of people dying? You call Bush and Blair idiots - why?

thanks for the support....millions of people haven't died yet, this continues and millions will die. Bush and Blair are idiots for starting this war. This started over OIL and escalated. I'll never see any justification in war. Ever. And stop having a go at me, I'm giving my opinion, nothing more, I'm not exactly slagging you off. I'm an attention seeker occassionally because I seek help due to my mental state of mind.

thanks for the support....millions of people haven't died yet, this continues and millions will die. Bush and Blair are idiots for starting this war. This started over OIL and escalated. I'll never see any justification in war. Ever. And stop having a go at me, I'm giving my opinion, nothing more, I'm not exactly slagging you off. I'm an attention seeker occassionally because I seek help due to my mental state of mind.

Millions of people WON'T die. No where near that amount of people will be killed. Generally, you're talking rubbish.

This started over OIL and escalated.

this has nothing to do with oil. have you been paying attention at ALL?

:rolleyes:

this war is to disarm saddam of his weapons of mass destruction, and to get him out of power.
    I hate war but what can we do it's the people with the power that dictate whether we go to war or not. Did we really get a say in whether we wanted to go to war? I am pleased I don't have a tv because I just think I'd throw it through the window and get very upset. Poor innocent people what did they do wrong? where is Sadam? has he fled the country?
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    where is Sadam? has he fled the country?

Um no, we wouldn't be trying to blow him up if he had...

Millions of people WON'T die. No where near that amount of people will be killed. Generally, you're talking rubbish.

well if it ends soon maybe. I don't know the FULL story ok I admit. But this started over oil and yes, weapons, and it got worse and worse. I'm not gonna continue to jusify myself. If you believe my opinion is rubbish fair enough.
    if you don't know the full story, how can you claim to have a valid opinion?
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    if you don't know the full story, how can you claim to have a valid opinion?

I know enough of it. Plus it's my opinion so slagging me off doesn't help. Plus war will never be supported by me.
    you think it's about oil. it's not.

you think millions of people will die. they won't.

what you probably don't know is that the iraqis are all for the war. saddam is a dictator. he is unspeakably cruel to his own people. the iraqi people apparently see the UN troops as saviours of some kind, and want nothing more than him to be killed or taken out of power, and for their country to be liberated.

I know enough of it. Plus it's my opinion so slagging me off doesn't help. Plus war will never be supported by me.

You obviously don't, almost all the things you have spoken about in the past over Iraq as being "facts" have either been totally untrue or at least blown out of proportion. And we're not slagging you off. (well maybe Kiezo is, but I'm not :p)

"war will never be supported by me" - that single statement proves just how niave and, well, ignorant you are. Sure war isn't exactly a nice thing, but you have to realise that in some situations it's the only option available. What exactly do you want us to do instead? Just sit back and do nothing?

Um no, we wouldn't be trying to blow him up if he had...

Sorry, but that made me laugh a litle
    Chaos yeah mate your view is respected, as is everyone else, but see this as a debate. You have differing views from some other people. They are putting their point across as is you.

There is no need to act like a 6 year old and accuse everyone of hating you.
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Chaos yeah mate your view is respected, as is everyone else, but see this as a debate. You have differing views from some other people. They are putting their point across as is you.

There is no need to act like a 6 year old and accuse everyone of hating you.

The reason I am accusing people of hating me is based on the offensive things they've said when I've voiced my opinion. I know they're putting their point across to me but they don't have to do it in an offensive manner.

The reason I am accusing people of hating me is based on the offensive things they've said when I've voiced my opinion. I know they're putting their point across to me but they don't have to do it in an offensive manner.

Kiezo is the only person who's said anything directly offensive towards you. Nobody else here has put their views to you in an "offensive" manner, and if you think they have, well, you're wrong.

Stop being so childish - how can you expect anyone to take your opinion seriously when you've both continually proven yourself to know virtually nothing about the issue your protesting against, and when questioned you act in a stroppy manner accusing everyone of hating you.

*sighs* Stop thinking everyone is out to get you. Really. You are behaving like a child. If you wanna be treated like an adult, act like one [/mother mode]
    I'm not a particular fan of war but I do feel that we are doing the right thing. Saddam is a cruel and evil man to the people that he leads. Some people couple him with the likes of Hitler. May be a bit strong but he's certainly heading that way.

The US/UK & UN wouldn't just attack him for any reason. They (must) have reasonable doubt that he has weapons of mass destruction and the ability to use them. The fact that he has not denied this is enough reasonable doubt for them.

This isn't going to be like the last Gulf War. Yes there will be long distance missile launches. And yes, unfortunately there will be some innocent people killed. But surely this is the lesser of two evils. The US has promised that ground troops will play a bigger part in the war by aiding the Iraqi people with food, medical aid, etc....

If at the end of this war the world is a safer place to live then I'm all for it.

*thinks* wonder if/when they'll get Bin Laden
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Note to all:

I'm actually going to just paraphrase a BigBen's post from the politics board about discussing the war but I'd really like you to keep some things in mind...

Emotions are running high in all camps, as we've already seen on Anything Goes and the Politics board but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE try to limit yourselfs to attacking people's arguments and ideas, NOT the people themselves.

If you're attacked personally, just try to let it go, let the mods handle that person, it's a bannable offence. It's easy to get sucked into flame wars, and then this place just becomes no use to anyone.

Thanks all,
    CB
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    you think it's about oil. it's not.

you think millions of people will die. they won't.

what you probably don't know is that the iraqis are all for the war. saddam is a dictator. he is unspeakably cruel to his own people. the iraqi people apparently see the UN troops as saviours of some kind, and want nothing more than him to be killed or taken out of power, and for their country to be liberated.

Maybe some of you ought to venture into the politics forum and read up some of the links and opinions posted since the start of this debate on war, its interesting reading.

1) Its not about dissarming Saddam of WMD however much the Goverment insists it is as so far there is no proof he actually has them. So oil? World domination? Revenge? Take your pick.

2) Millions of people could die, not only counting those killed in the attacks on Iraq but those killed as a result of the increase in terrorism this war brings about.

3) you assume? Many of them will loose their lives, their families and their homes...are they really rejoycing at the prospect of invasion?

well if it ends soon maybe. I don't know the FULL story ok I admit. But this started over oil and yes, weapons, and it got worse and worse. I'm not gonna continue to jusify myself. If you believe my opinion is rubbish fair enough.

This war did not start over oil at all, Bush has said on many occasions that he is not after the oil and the oil will remain property of the Iraqi people...and I believe him! :eek:

Saddam has already started using the weapons that he said he didn't have, against us! This man needs to be stopped, I definately wouldn't cry if someone put a bullet in his head! ;)

Although saying this, I do not think that we have gone the right way about doing this...we needed a UN resolution before conflict...and there is still a possibility that this could esculate into something bigger...but if any chemical weapons were used against us, I do think that the countries that rejected war (France, Russia, etc...) would get involved in disarming iraq.

Your point being that millions of people will die...I do not think it will reach millions...we are bombing specific targets (not just built up areas, like in previous wars!) There will be battles, yes, and people will die, but the amount of innocent people that will die is probably not that high... :rolleyes:

^Above post may not make any sense, because I have just woken up! ;)