Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tonys speech

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
channel 1 i think it is, on now
any comments?

Comments

• Options
    Missed it. Just went to the living room expecting to see the end of the football and found Blair instead. I did catch a phrase about working with Bush towards a secure Israel and the creation of a Palestinian state.

I obviously need to watch the rest to see exactly how this fits into a war bulletin on Iraq. My cynic little mind can't help it but think the formula seems to be: "whenever people are pissed off at our wars and foreign policy, mention 'Palestinian State' and they will all calm down."
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Missed it. Just went to the living room expecting to see the end of the football and found Blair instead. I did catch a phrase about working with Bush towards a secure Israel and the creation of a Palestinian state.

I obviously need to watch the rest to see exactly how this fits into a war bulletin on Iraq. My cynic little mind can't help it but think the formula seems to be: "whenever people are pissed off at our wars and foreign policy, mention 'Palestinian State' and they will all calm down."

The rightist extremist will probably do the opposite :p

*still high over own avatar*
  • Options
    I liked his reasoning

"the hate our way of life, our freedom, our democracy"

Not only is the idea that there are lots of people that hate these things a ridiculous reasoning behind war and also utterly stupid he has the cheek to show pride over our 'democracy'

he also showed contempt for democracy by trying to look like it was all so painful for him by saying that in the end it was his decision! WTF, the man doesn't know what a democracy is!
  • Options
    Not to mention the fact, of course, that making such claims does little more than undermine the magnanimous posturing over bringing said democracy to them through this invasion.

If they hate our way of life and our democracy, then why should they be cheering in the streets that our soldiers have helped impose what they hate upon them?

Ah the wonderful double speak of the political class, how i thrive on it!
  • Options
    Blairs logic must be: 'Saddam does what he wants despite what the people of Iraq think, that is so bad i must cahnge that'

The man has utterly losttouch with reality.............:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Who needs to pay attention to reality when you have the Mother of all Bombs??
  • Options
    Tony Blair's speeches are dead on. There's now 40 countries that have joined us - offering what they can to fight Saddam. Germany, France and Belguim have joined the likes of Switzerland: a country that only stands for laundering the money of the world's criminals: Nazis, Organized crime, Saddam, Bin Laden.

You should be proud the UK stands against tyrants who torture their people.
  • Options
    pnj, you are making it very easy for the moderators to give you a riht bollocking or even ban you. Your remarks about Switzerland can only be described as ignorant in the extreme and xenophobic. I suggest you think carefully before talking such bullshit again.
  • Options
    You know noithing about Switzerland, i would rather be tortured than MOABed thanks.........