Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Harry Potter Cover

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    i guess yeah.
  • Options
    Yeah great, but a bit silly they had to make an 'adult' edition cause they're one and the same if ya look at what's inside. Agh, we adults can be soooo strange sometimes ;) we don't want ta read a book cause it has a 'childish' cover but hey ... it's suddenly ok if the cover changes :eek2:
  • Options
    true, but i like the adult cover better anyways ;):p
  • Options
    Can't argue with that :D:p
  • Options
    I buy the childrens cover, more bright and fun
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to reading the book when is it out? I forget.
  • Options
    June the 21st, i think. I dunno, i pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk (half price!) ages ago, so i'll read it when it turns up i suppose :D
  • Options
    Thanks for informing me I can't wait to read it - Give me the quidditch captain anyday and I will be happy he's so sexy!! That is the quidditch captain on Harry's team in the first film.:D
  • Options
    I worry bout some of you.

There is no way on this earth i'd be caught dead reading a childrens book :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    June the 21st, i think. I dunno, i pre-ordered it from Amazon.co.uk (half price!) ages ago, so i'll read it when it turns up i suppose :D

yeah, I ordered mine agesago too, but from BloomsBury, so I will get a first edition hardback copy :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Klever
    yeah, I ordered mine agesago too, but from BloomsBury, so I will get a first edition hardback copy :p

Yeah... but it won't be worth much, even in the future, they print so many of them off now. And i have a first edition hardback HP4, which i got from amazon last time it came out. So ner :p

And Oliver Wood? I so would ;) He went to college with my ex. I wonder why he never introduced me....?
  • Options

Yeah... but it won't be worth much, even in the future, they print so many of them off now. And i have a first edition hardback HP4, which i got from amazon last time it came out. So ner :p

And Oliver Wood? I so would ;) He went to college with my ex. I wonder why he never introduced me....?

Ah well, it's still nice to own the first edition copy
  • Options
    yeah, it is... until your younger sister scribbles all over it, that is :mad: :banghead:
  • Options
    yeah, it is... until your younger sister scribbles all over it, that is :mad: :banghead:

:crazyeyes :/:| BAAAAD
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    I worry bout some of you.

There is no way on this earth i'd be caught dead reading a childrens book :yeees:
    That is what I thought until I read them. They're light entertainment and don't require a lot of concentration - they're fun!

I think it is good that they are encouraging a lot of people to read books, adults included!
  • Options
    I never have, and never will get sucked into reading a Harry Potter book. It's bad enough I was dragged to see "..and the chamber of secrets" and even worse that I didn't think it was too bad but catch me reading one of the books?? Nevaaa.

I'm working my way through the Pratchett books lately anyway.
  • Options
    I can't WAIT for the new book - I have just finished reading the Goblet of Fire again, so am nicely up to date and ready for June!!

Btw, did you know that the Russian don't have a letter H, so over here he is called "Gary Potter" :o:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    I can't WAIT for the new book - I have just finished reading the Goblet of Fire again, so am nicely up to date and ready for June!!

Btw, did you know that the Russian don't have a letter H, so over here he is called "Gary Potter" :o:crazyeyes

crazy shit
  • Options
    I dont know about the books but I think that the movies are not for children as far as Im concerned....
  • Options
    Originally posted by ATTARTI
    I dont know about the books but I think that the movies are not for children as far as Im concerned....

I know, the films are quite scary considering they are for children. My bro and sis's were scared.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Arianne
    Yeah great, but a bit silly they had to make an 'adult' edition cause they're one and the same if ya look at what's inside. Agh, we adults can be soooo strange sometimes ;) we don't want ta read a book cause it has a 'childish' cover but hey ... it's suddenly ok if the cover changes :eek2:

hence the saying, never judge a book by its cover.