Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why 16 yr olds are aloud in clubs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
You all may think im lying, and i dont care, but i didnt go clubbing until i was 18. I live in a tiny village with no transport so the park was the only place to go. Anyway what really gets on my nerves and i think the post before this started this up, is why 15/16/17 yr olds go clubbing when they are so young? I have a joint i go to regularly, and the amount of underage drinkers in there is unbelieveable, they get pissed cos they cant handle there drink, start fighting etc it does my head in! And also the little girlys who try it on with the older men, and get them in trouble! That pisses me off, My mate has just got done for underage sex with a 15 yr old, in the club (and i was there) she said she was 19, so why is he in trouble cos she lied? Hope im making sense, but had to get it off my chest!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Why 16 yr olds are aloud in clubs
    Originally posted by Butterfly00
    is why 15/16/17 yr olds go clubbing when they are so young?

Cos they probably get a thrill of being able to go somewhere they are not supposed to be...it also makes them seem older (to their friends maybe!) if the bouncers let them in! ;)
  • Options
    They are allowed in because their money is the same colour as anyone elses, its a bit of a lean time for clubbing at the moment so they need cash from anyone.

I know what you mean, I cant say I hang around anywhere where kids drink but I've been to a few raves and its not that good to see kids munching loads of pills, it cant be good for them, I know its not good for me.
  • Options
    There and i thought i was gonna get abuse for this post lol
  • Options
    I guess they may be ALOUD because the girls really shriek and the boys voices haven't broken yet. !!!!
  • Options
    I went to clubs from when I was 14, why? Because I enjoyed it, it was a thrill, something to do. If I offended anyone from being there, then so be it. You also get 18 year olds who can't handle their drink. I went out to have a laugh and dance around and meet blokes, same reasons as I go out now I'm 20.
  • Options
    ive been going clubbing in town since i was about 15 more so now than then and i cant see the problem,i do drink yes but i can handle my drink the way i act doesnt change as i drink and i dont cause trouble due to alcohol,all the time ive been going clubbing should i end up getting off with any bloke one of the first things i tell them is how old i am
    i dont go clubbing to defy the law or whatever else i go to have fun and i dont go to under 18's clubs basically because under 18's are tossers.

ive been 2 2 of them and there been major fighting resulting in the police being bought into action.I cant be doing with that i go out to have fun sorry to anyone who doesnt like it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterfly00
    Why 16 yr olds are aloud in clubs

So people my age can have a good time with minimal effort. :naughty::D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

So people my age can have a good time with minimal effort. :naughty::D

well said
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick

well said

You are meant to rebut such a comment not agree with it! :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

You are meant to rebut such a comment not agree with it! :D :rolleyes:

er yeah thats right just because were young and inocent doesnt mean its easy for you to....

oh shut up shelly james knows what your like.....

:p
  • Options
    It depends. Some of us youngsters are mature and actually behave in these places. I mean, I'm 17, I've been clubbin' since I was just 16, and I've never had a problem getting in, or getting too drunk. The people I know who've had those problems are the ones who are old enough!

Anyway, that's my point of view... as long as I'm not trying to ruin anyones night, there really isn't a problem with me being there.
  • Options
    Maybe in the clubs near you, all the kids can't handle the drink. But then, thats outside of london, where everything is twisted and kids have got jack shit to do. In clubs in leicester square you get all ur 16 year olds popping pills and having a good time and the trouble makers are all the greasy motherfuckers who follow our birds around, trying to get some underage action so fuck off farm ******.
  • Options
    there is nothing to do...... and society especially advertising makes them believe theyre ahead of their time, and so they have urges to go out etc etc

i dont mind who goes clubs as lnog as theyre over 16 and reaosnably level headed and not a pisshead violent knob
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Congratulations on bringing up an pre-historic thread.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:

Aww, but James, I wrote in this thread when I was a wee nipper. <3
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    LOL
  • Options
    Beanman wrote:
    In clubs in leicester square you get all ur 16 year olds popping pills and having a good time and the trouble makers are all the greasy motherfuckers who follow our birds around, trying to get some underage action so fuck off farm ******.

Yes, of course.

Hint of the day: he can't hear you.

The idea you have a bird did make me chuckle though. Feeding a girl rohypnol and dragging her home doesn't make her your bird.
  • Options
    i agree to an extent and its the same as gigs too all fooking idiots end up there. But the thing is im 21 and have friends 14 - 36ish and the difference is nothing to do with their age but their maturity its easy to say under 18's shouldnt be allowed but i know people who are 17 who act more mature then people 10 years older. I think it shoudl be down to the people in the clubs to take responsibility for themselves and people around them and if they see people being cocks and underage then they should inform the bouncers, but noooooooo, everyone will sit and moan about it whilst the immature fuckers try and start fights on the dance floor because they off their faces
  • Options
    its a way to make money. 16 yr olds wanna go to clubs too so clubs let them in and make somemoney