Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

French military parts sales.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you see our troops dying in Iraq, say a prayer for them and for the French companies for selling spare parts to mirage jets, helicopters, pesticides for use in chemical weapons - this year - and more.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030308-25534637.htm

Comments

• Options
    http://www.dassault-aviation.fr/corporate/

They deny it........

(erm, how do you the thing where you can call an internet link something?)

pesticides for farmers possibly?
  • Options
    The denial is in the information then the financial news section, don't know why the link doesn't work all the way

soz.........
  • Options
    Good link TB.

Time and a win in Iraq will tell.

Au revoir l'Iraque:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Au revoir l'Iraque:cool:

Yes, lets destroy a whole country for something that ahsnt been proved, and never will be. That sounds like fun.
  • Options
    I have heard reports that the US regularly tortures prisoners of war and executes prisoners, They also have the most powerful armed forces the world has ever seen and the willingness to unilaterally attack states without any international or legal authority, pretty bad huh?

Wait.

Thats true! :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    or legal authority, pretty bad huh?

Wait.

Thats true! :eek:

Under the terms of the ceasefire in 1991 the USA can attack Iraq as it sees fit if Iraq violates the ceasefire. Attempting to create chemical weapons was a violation of that ceasefire. I recall everyone with international clout agreeing on those terms and resolutions when they were proposed, they can't go back on that now. Just because some nations, namely France who are obviously backing Saddam out of pure self-interest are unable to demonstrate any fore sight or backbone doesn't mean we aren't.

Russia and China are against it because they're obviously opposed to any increased Western influence in the Middle East, Russia already atempted to seize the oil there once.
  • Options
    But don't they have to prove it and have agreement of the UN?

I know the topic is not cut and dry and i don't fully inderstand some of the complexities but i know there are lawyers and experst who are on both sides, some say it is legal, some say it isn't.....

how can you critiscise the French for acting in self-interest (which i don't believe they are) when that is what we are doing?

Would you still support the war if there was no benefit for us, would Blair?
  • Options
    The terms of the ceasefire were and are solely the remit of the UN as a whole to deal with, not the US nor the UK to decide.

That the Bush admin has gotten on its high horse and ignored the will of the international community on this matter only serves to highlight that the whole UN process was, for them, merely a casually annoying stopgap in a plan of attack that was predetermined as soon as Bush took office.

He just needed to whip up the spin machine and let it run its course long enough to snow the American public sufficiently before launching his long planned conquests.

But be certain that we will face the consequences of these further wrongdoings sooner or later. Perhaps then the sheeple will put two and two together and realise that we were lead astray by the will of corrupt corporate driven elitests and put people back in who believe in more than what we can plunder from other sovereign nations.