Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What if....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If our forces find no WMD should and will the PM and Bush resign?

Blair has alos said that if he thought 500,000 (is that the right figure?) people die he wouldn't do it...

Will he resign if there are very high casualties?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If the past conduct of the US army/government is anything to go by they will plant weapons of mass destruction so that they can say 'told you so'...there is no way the government in the US will allow themselves not to find WOMD.

Unfortunately we will never know if they were planted or not! Evenn if they are sourced back to the US that would be no surprise as any weapons IRAQ do have probably came from the USA anyway!

Tony Blair won't resign unless there is a challenge on hius leadership...and I bet there will be.
    Saddam admitted he had them. His responsibility was to show documents and locations where he destroyed them. Does anyone ever hold up signs that tell Saddam to
    come clean or stop torturing his people?
    What counts as a weapon of mass destruction anyhow?

Would a scud missile equipped with Chemical weapons mean it becomes WMD?

I don’t know enough about WMD, but I think they would make up some stories about Iraq selling them on to scare the public even more, or perhaps drum up the weapons Iraq did have and make them out to be threat to us all, thus saving their jobs.
    Basically i think all our leaders have a vested interest in proving they have WMD, and that is bad.

That as we what we get for acting outside of the Un, anything they do looks illegitimate.......
    I tell you what counts as a weapon of mass destruction: 15,000lb 'daisy cutter' and 21,000lb MOAB devices, as powerful as small nukes.

Not only we don't hear any complaints about these WMDs, but the very country that has invented them and proudly paraded them to the world's media is the same country 'doing the world a favour by getting rid of another nation's WMDs'.

And some say the Americans don't have a sense of irony!
    OH! The AMericans are bad bad people! They are evil and so is their government!:lol:

Saint Saddam is not at fault the Americans are. America is always at fault!:rolleyes:

How about this bit of JOLLY news!We are there and we will do what we feel necessary whether anyone dissents or not. Saddam is going and that is a fact. We are doing it! As usual it is the Americans who have to pick up because some Europeans are frightened to act!

Rant on, you know you're all just jealous of the raw military and cultural power we possess! Our culture will soon be your culture! Resistance is futile!:lol:
    wouldn't surprise me if kuwait suffers a chemical scud attack. fired by the yanks to prove saddam has chemical weapons. nothing would surprise me from bush and rumsfield.
    and murph ...please get it in your tiny little head that we don't hate america or americans! we do have very good reason to hate your government.
    you too will come to hate them, if that little light of truth ever manages to penatrate the brain washing you are daily undergoing.
    Pity the man who lists the size of his country's military as something to be proud of. :rolleyes:

As for culture, I'd suggest you spend a couple of weeks discovering the Old Continent and see a) how much of American "culture" have we really adopted and b) how does European culture compare to your own.

Then again, you might want to just stay at home and live the rest of your life on ignorant bliss... ;)
    Originally posted by Murph the Surf
    OH! The AMericans are bad bad people! They are evil and so is their government!:lol:

Saint Saddam is not at fault the Americans are. America is always at fault!:rolleyes:

How about this bit of JOLLY news!We are there and we will do what we feel necessary whether anyone dissents or not. Saddam is going and that is a fact. We are doing it! As usual it is the Americans who have to pick up because some Europeans are frightened to act!

Rant on, you know you're all just jealous of the raw military and cultural power we possess! Our culture will soon be your culture! Resistance is futile!:lol:

is it me or are your posts just pointless crap, care to debate properly?

The only point you seem to make is that the invasion is haapening so there is no point talking about it.

Why do you bother coming on here then?
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Then again, you might want to just stay at home and live the rest of your life on ignorant bliss... ;)
    the american dream?
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Most of them do, something like 10% of Americans own a passport! Now you can see why they aren't saying 'bullshit' loud enough at Bush.