Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Did you turn the lights on last night???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night we turn the balcony lights on here in Athens in order to protest against the war .Did you know about that?

Comments

• Options
    Bit of a darned waste of electricity if you ask me. For all the good it'll do. :eek2:
  • Options
    Nope...didn't know about it, but wouldn't have done it even if we had...
  • Options
    I think this war is justified with Iraq the moment.

1441 sets it out clearly. Read a book called 'Saddam Defiant', it was written by Richard Butler, who worked in various roles such as a UN Diplomat, working for the Nuclear Dissarmament program and for UNSCOM etc... Saddam needs to be taken out, now.

Sorry if you don't agree, I do appreciate your opinion too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    I think this war is justified with Iraq the moment.

1441 sets it out clearly. Read a book called 'Saddam Defiant', it was written by Richard Butler, who worked in various roles such as a UN Diplomat, working for the Nuclear Dissarmament program and for UNSCOM etc... Saddam needs to be taken out, now.

Sorry if you don't agree, I do appreciate your opinion too.

i agree, he has had 10 years to disarm but he hasnt he has wromed his way out of everything the un wanted and he has one of the worst human right's records(who used chemical wepons on his own people) we need to get him before he gets us...

do we realy want another september the 11th???
  • Options
    Originally posted by Type R

i agree, he has had 10 years to disarm but he hasnt he has wromed his way out of everything the un wanted and he has one of the worst human right's records(who used chemical wepons on his own people) we need to get him before he gets us...

do we realy want another september the 11th???

*cries* I dont wanna get blown up :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

*cries* I dont wanna get blown up :(

i'll portect you hun
  • Options
    Is that one of those new force-field lights?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Is that one of those new force-field lights?

What do you mean by that??I dont understand :confused:
  • Options
    Hell yes! I always have sex with the lights on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

Do the dead children because of a war make you laugh and make fun of it??????:mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by ATTARTI

What do you mean by that??I dont understand :confused:

it was a joke...u know, in science fiction, force fields? energy shields?
  • Options

Do the dead children because of a war make you laugh and make fun of it??????:mad:

I do not find the inevitable loss of innocent lives and the potential result of using weapons of mass destruction at all fun. Indeed, I was not laughing about that and I would not, for it would be insensitive and heartless.
  • Options
    I've said this before, and i'll say it again, for the most part, saddam is a business man, he's not gonna blow up, destroy or harm his clientelle...most of the western world!

Both Bush Jr and Bush Snr, are just intimidated that a small country like Iraq can have weapons of mass destruction. Hell, i'm suprised the damned yanks havn't clamped down on India (isn't it?) and their nukes!
  • Options
    Sorry fellows for my attitude.....youre right that we should relax and calm down because hysteria isnt the best consultant in times like that.:yes:
  • Options
    Aye, very good idea. Although difficult, it might be best to try to be happy. :)
  • Options
    If you're turning lights on to protest this war...you are totally in the dark.
    Here's a link about French and German military sales to Iraq.
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030308-25534637.htm
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    If you're turning lights on to protest this war...you are totally in the dark.
    Here's a link about French and German military sales to Iraq.
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030308-25534637.htm

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Dreamer3k
    I've said this before, and i'll say it again, for the most part, saddam is a business man, he's not gonna blow up, destroy or harm his clientelle...most of the western world!

Both Bush Jr and Bush Snr, are just intimidated that a small country like Iraq can have weapons of mass destruction. Hell, i'm suprised the damned yanks havn't clamped down on India (isn't it?) and their nukes!

they are too scared to attack the likes of north korea cos they will fight back and nuke the world! also ... what makes me laugh is that the british and americans funded all iraqs nuclear and chemical/biological weapons 20 years ago!
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy

they are too scared to attack the likes of north korea cos they will fight back and nuke the world! also ... what makes me laugh is that the british and americans funded all iraqs nuclear and chemical/biological weapons 20 years ago!

the American/British alliance are basically big bullies, picking on people that they know can't strike back to a significant degree, after all, iraq's weapons are just for international diplomatic posturing
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

*Silently sniggers*

oops, sorry :p
  • Options
    Re: Did you turn the lights on last night???
    Last night we turn the balcony lights on here in Athens in order to protest against the war .Did you know about that?

Didn't have time...i was having sex all night longggggg:naughty::naughty::naughty:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Did you turn the lights on last night???
    Originally posted by FOIBI

Didn't have time...i was having sex all night longggggg:naughty::naughty::naughty:

thank you for sharing with us such an important statement........but the thread is sooo old my dear!!!!get a life......:p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Did you turn the lights on last night???

thank you for sharing with us such an important statement........but the thread is sooo old my dear!!!!get a life......:p

I HAVE A LIFE...I HAVE A PURPOSE...I HAVE A DREAM...SEX!!!THAT'S THE ANSWER...MY DEAR!!!:) :):)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Did you turn the lights on last night???
    Originally posted by FOIBI

I HAVE A LIFE...I HAVE A PURPOSE...I HAVE A DREAM...SEX!!!THAT'S THE ANSWER...MY DEAR!!!:) :):)

:lol::lol::lol: