Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

2 Minutes to WAR

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yikes, been watching the news all day. I think I might stay up all night and keep my eyes peeled...

Comments

• Options
    Ahhh, dude...I get all funny when you say war.(/me Ain't had no 2nd call up yet)..I go off on one about how we should support war (Or not)...i ain't for a while..../me keeps it that way!...
  • Options
    P.S:

War is wrong, whack your scholng//Bahh.Booo..i dunno..
  • Options
    What the hell are you on about Jay? :eek2:
  • Options
    War underway

Well, it looks like it's started. A little while ago some explosions were felt in Baghdad, and there is defintely some explosions and ant-aircraft fire happening. Looks like this is it. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    *Is watching Sky News*

Ooh this is exciting :D
  • Options
    Re: War underway
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Looks like this is it. :(

Yeah...it does :-/
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been watching it on ITV. Trying to predict what will happen. What do you guys think the worst case scenario is? I'm just waiting for the repercussions to hit the UK.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    I've been watching it on ITV. Trying to predict what will happen. What do you guys think the worst case scenario is? I'm just waiting for the repercussions to hit the UK.

I'm not sure.

But I'm worried.
  • Options
    Looks like nothing else is going to happen tonight, probably later in the evening/night. AA guns were heard going off earlier and possibly a couple of cruise missiles. No clue as to where they landed yet.

I'm off for the night, need some sleep but I'll come back tomorrow. Night folks!:wave:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    Looks like nothing else is going to happen tonight, probably later in the evening/night. AA guns were heard going off earlier and possibly a couple of cruise missiles. No clue as to where they landed yet.

I'm off for the night, need some sleep but I'll come back tomorrow. Night folks!:wave:

G'night. :wave:

I'm keeping a close eye on BBC news at the mo.
  • Options
    Who's winning? ;)

Man... and US are on a shoot to kill, ask questions later policy.. :eek2:
  • Options
    I don't like it. Not one bit. I'm floored to say the least. It's scary. Wars are something I'm supposed to read about in the history books, not something to happen during MY time. I've got some friends already over there, and I've been praying for them. And I NEVER pray.

:(:(:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kerrileigh
    I've got some friends already over there, and I've been praying for them. And I NEVER pray.

I know that feeling, I have many friends in the military in all 3 services and these used to be my room mates many of which are now over there serving in the navy or mostly as medics in 16 Air Assault (One of the Medical Paratrooper Wings, which when I was in many of us chose to transfer over to cause its exciting) and they will be the first troops in on the front line :(
  • Options
    i think this calls for a virtual across-the-world hug. :)
  • Options
    I recived these from a friend, lmao!!!!!:lol:
  • Options
    CONFUSED - thought i added 4 attachments,

It wont work, how do you add more that one at a time ??? HELP!!!

Here are the rest.....
  • Options
    Anyway i will have to post them indvidually
  • Options
    And last but not least......
  • Options
    Normally, I'd be laughing hysterically at those pictures, but as my mother used to say "Timing is everything." And right now is a very sensitive time for anyone who has friends and family fighting in the Middle East.
  • Options
    How can anyone find the prospect of world war exciting????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    didnt relize it would do that :lol:
  • Options
    I think anyone who claimed saddam had no weapons should be very quiet right now. Saddam was firing scuds he said he diddnt have this morning.

im pro war. ONLY because saddam is an evil f**ker who tortures his own people to death for the slightest bit of disobedience.
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    I think anyone who claimed saddam had no weapons should be very quiet right now. Saddam was firing scuds he said he diddnt have this morning.

im pro war. ONLY because saddam is an evil f**ker who tortures his own people to death for the slightest bit of disobedience.

I missed that scud attack, I've not long gotten in. What else have I missed?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kerrileigh
    "Timing is everything."

'funny' pics in the middle of a thread where people say they have loved ones in the war, are scared etc is just a bit insensitive if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Kerrileigh - I know how you feel, my 'little' bro will be sent out there soon if it gets worse, he's in Germany on standby at the mo :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterfly00
    How can anyone find the prospect of world war exciting????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So many question marks for only one question :crazyeyes
    I don't know. How can they?
  • Options
    having decided against exile, saddam now has 2 choices:

1. Leave baghdad, stay in iraq and when iraq is liberated be found and shot by the special forces.

2. Exile himself if the war becomes too dangerous and his life is threatened, and be caught by any country he attempts to move into.

A lose lose situation.