Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Red moon?

There's a red moon tonight, and I'm sure I remember hearing ages ago that it was a bad omen, or a sign that blood will be spilled, anyone know?
If it is the case, it's a bit chilling....
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, just found something:
    Many Bible prophecies refer to signs in the heavens. The sun, moon and stars are the actors. Jesus and many of the prophets spoke of the moon turning to blood, the sun being darkened, and stars falling, among various other forecasts.

Joel 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
    Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sack-cloth of hair, and the moon became as blood#

But then some scientists have included a more rational thought, that when there is a partial eclipse the red light rays from the sun are refracted off the earth's atmosphere, whilst the blue rays are reflected, add to that the high levels of carbon dioxide and you get a red moon.
    Still, it's a bit of a coincidence, don't you think....
    (que spooky music)
  • Options
    "we asked for signs, the signs were sent, the widowhood of every government" (leonard cohen)
  • Options
    Its probably a CIA secret weapon to demoralise the Iraqis.......
  • Options
    Its a lunar eclipse, I saw one a few months ago.
  • Options
    how long before theres a friggin mc donalds sign up there?
  • Options
    How soon would you like a McDonalds sigh there?:yum: :wave:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Murph the Surf
    How soon would you like a McDonalds sigh there?:yum: :wave:
    pmsl murph! do you lot own the rest of the solar sytem yet?
    the united space of america.....
  • Options
    There's a red moon tonight, and I'm sure I remember hearing ages ago that it was a bad omen, or a sign that blood will be spilled, anyone know?

You're creeping me out dude. :lol: