Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

election

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If there was an election tomorrow which party (UK or American - or any other nation) would you vote for?

I feeling like I should vote for The lib-dems but I may vote Plaid Cymru.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well if i was old enough (only just over a year now:p )

Lib Dems all the way

but i live in buckinghamshire its like mostly Conservative area.

A freind used to babysit for the MP, David Liddington, says hes a ponce:D
    No political party in the UK shares my views so I don't know whom I'd vote for.
    I wouldnt vote, I havent voted for years. I have no faith in any political party.
    always been a labour man but thats now out of the question.
    i could never bring my self to vote for the cuntservatives.
    liberals are a waste of space. think i'll take up praying.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    always been a labour man but thats now out of the question.
    i could never bring my self to vote for the cuntservatives.
    liberals are a waste of space. think i'll take up praying.

Mr Roll i have always voted labour, My Father always did so i suppose I just followed suit. Now im not into politics but I can honestly say Labour have lost my vote and they will not get it back.

To me Blair is just being like a puppy dog, running up peoples arses. For once he needs to look and listen at what the people of this country want which is NOT war !!!!!!!
    Lib Dem. I've not seen how good or bad they are yet.
    I want my Labour party back. Sadly it has been taken over by 'New Labour' right wing scumbags and it will remain the same for the foreseeable future.

One of the smaller left wing parties might be closest to my ideals. But really wanting to get rid of this right wing sham of a government I would vote the Lib Dems, which of all the 3 main parties is now the closest to my political agenda.
    My parents have been labour voters but I would not vote for them now, though I might consider it to keep the Tories out if the elction were close (not much chance)

I feel i am more likely to vote lib dem at a general election though I voted Green at the local election last year.....
    In Denmark I'd vote for "Venstre" (even though it means left, they are right of centre) our current governement. I agree with them, on most (though have disagree with some of their procedures). I am especially proud of the support our prime minister has given to Bush.

There's a party called "Dansk Folkeparti", who have a much closer stance to mine (if not similar) on Israel issues (which are the most important to me), but I'd never vote for them as they are too right-leaning in my opinion, on other issues.
    Alot of voter "apathy" it seems then.:(
    Not sure what the independent offerings will be yet in the US campaigns next year but I am so far singularly unimpressed by the Democratic offerings which are just as pampered and Israeli-centric as our current admin so no alternative there.

Maybe Ill go with Nader since he at least stands for citizen advocacy. Hard to say right now.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Not sure what the independent offerings will be yet in the US campaigns next year but I am so far singularly unimpressed by the Democratic offerings which are just as pampered and Israeli-centric as our current admin so no alternative there.

A lot of Israel supporters would rather see Republicans than Democrats in the government of the US.
    Im not surprised by that given who they elected, but don't be surprised at the singular failure they will likely make of it. Already there is discussion about the Israel Foreign Minister planning to pull the Barak ploy of grasping as much away from any legitimate deal so that it once again becomes untenable for the Palestinians to accept and thus lead to resumed violnce. They like their US backers have a vested interest in maintaining high military spending.
    This isn't an Israel thread, but Barak never got the mandat to offer what he did. It was his personal offering, and he had hoped they would accept, otherwise he wouldn't include the parts which were in Israel decided not to negotiate upon.
    You obviously didnt bother researching what was previously offered you in the Israel thread. The Camp David plan was fixed and accepted by the Palestinian authority until Barak took his knife to and tried carving even more chunks out of the agreed upon land divisions. Don't expect anything more from this administration.