Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

CD's?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Roughly, how many cd's do you own. Do you like all of them, or are embaressed about some of them?

Comments

• Options
    about 5 crappy compilations from when i was 12, about 20 free magazine cd's, 5 albums from when i was about 12, (2 of which i still like, 3 of which i don't understand), 6 cd singles, and about 85 full albums all bought in the last 2 years.

my mates buy cigarettes, i buy cds. i spent £160 on 23 cds from november to february. ive now gone a month without buying any. thats really good for me.
  • Options
    I have about 50 which I bought myself and would be proud / not ashamed to say I owned.

I have about 15 that were gifts or I bought when I was 13 and confused!

I have 6 that were free with magazines.
  • Options
    I only really have Oasis albums on CD. I have all my music what I like either on MP3 or vinyl.
  • Options
    this just prompted me to count all my CDs.... 106! i thought it was only about 60!:crazyeyes

i suppose its not that shocking since i started buying CDs 5 years ago. i've also got a load of free CDs i never throw out and 7 records which i only recently got into.
  • Options
    I own roughly, around the 200 mark, about 50 of these are purchased the rest downloaded and it saves me a fortune. Admittedly, its only hard dance, techno etc I get of the net cos its better but if I like a group or artist such as sexy Eminem ill buy the album to show my appreciation!
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I own roughly, around the 200 mark, about 50 of these are purchased the rest downloaded and it saves me a fortune. Admittedly, its only hard dance, techno etc I get of the net cos its better but if I like a group or artist such as sexy Eminem ill buy the album to show my appreciation!

Oh yeah, I have a stash of all the (well most of!) Muzik, Ministry and Mixmag free cd's with a copy of the mag!!!!
  • Options
    I have an extremely varied CD collection.. theres over 300 of them ranging from my teenybopper stage of Take That and Five through to my mostly listened to stack of the Chilis, Manics, U2..
    I have a fair selection of dodgy CD's.. ;)
    I think anyone could find at least one CD in my rack they would listen to. I think they word VARIED is what would best describe my CD's!
  • Options
    I als o have a very varied CD collection, Although it consists of metal, rock, hip-hop, funk, i do appreciate the more melodic stuff like Royksopp and HIM.
  • Options
    erm not that many really...dont understand why...little money perhaps? about 27. I like all of them!!!!!!! Your music tastes do change but seeing as the oldest is 4 yrs old, they aren't that bad. And I like the fact they're all really varied....I mean I have rap, hip hop, soul, jazz, and lots of rock.
  • Options
    i got about 200 or so. but i only have like 4 good ones. and they're not even good anymore because since they are the only good ones they are the only ones i listen to and now i'm sick of them... understand? good.
  • Options
    About 80-90 CD's I've bought. About 30-40 copied. The whole of my collection has been MP3'd as it's the easiest way to keep and listen to them nowadays. The rest of my music is downloaded MP3's. I last bought a C D last Autumn as it was an artist I liked, and believe in supporting the artists I truly like (though I only buy them when they're a tenner or less).

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Erm...about 50. 24 bought in the last 3 weeks. Oops I'm now skint.

One of my mates has a couple of thousand at least though. He has to have them insured separately. Has 3 ring binders full of them documented. His walls are just covered in a mass of cd racks, but he knows where everything is. It;s scary. But then he does a lot of DJ'ing so it's excusable.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    this just prompted me to count all my CDs
    Me too! I have 70 in my cd rack, they're all ones I listen to and am not embarrassed about! I have boxes of very embarrassing cds in the loft, from when I was younger. And I have god knows how many cd's that I have made myself.
  • Options
    havnt counted and im not just talking about actual cds i've bought but i mean albums i have in my collection, be they mp3, cd, copied cds, minidiscs... wahtever, but id say a reasonable estimate somewhere in the region of 4 to 5 hundred. ive grown out of a good 200 of them though, from my "rock" phase... from when i was about 13 to 17.....
  • Options
    Lots...over a hundred.

But converted to Mp3 to save me lugging my hifi around.
  • Options
    not a clue! a lot. a very big lot. loads. some are of albums i was listening to over 30 yrs ago. i still go back to them. some i haven't played for a long time but i know i will. as duck tape said you play them to death and get bored with them but......i always go back to them at some point and enjoy them all over again. at the moment i have headphones on and am listening to an album by a guy called tom waits. it's called "heart attack and vine. haven't listened to it in about ten yrs!!!! loving it all over again.
  • Options
    I don't count copied albums as owning albums. I've never downloaded a whole album, I think thats pretty shoddy to be honest. I will download a few songs and if I like them then I will buy the album.

I want to build up a collection you see.
  • Options
    i reckon i've got about 200...

most of them i like, but there are a few shockers/freebies in there with them....
  • Options
    I own about 10 cd's but I wish I had more.:)
  • Options
    I have a masive colection of cd's manly house music, i used to be an editor for web content for amazon.co.uk . so i used to get loads of freebie's ii must have about 400 cd's. but i have the whole of the global underground seires with is 27 double cd's that are wicked dj mixxes from around the world
  • Options
    God thats got me thinking.................Must own over 300, of course some are embaressing, my take that era, boyzone era lol and all the cheesy one hit wonders you can think of lol
  • Options
    I've got over 100 I reckon....ranging over a period of about 6 years, so plenty of crap in there that I wouldn't dream of listening to but can't bring myself to get rid of!! I have to stop buying so many CDs...spending too much money on them!
    I also have CDs from every type of music, my collection is extremely varied.
  • Options
    I've about 210 albums, very few of which are in any way dodgy (Linkin Park, Del Amitri - that's about it), about 20-30 singles and about the same number of compilations, most of which were free with magazines. I've only bought 2 CDs in the last 10 weeks though, which sucks. I'm gonna get a new one in the next week or two. Starting my Pavement collection.
  • Options
    I aint got that much actually.

About 40/50 bought albums.

10/20 singles.

4/5 copied albums.

I tend to lose a lot of my CDs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    One of my mates has a couple of thousand at least though. He has to have them insured separately. Has 3 ring binders full of them documented. His walls are just covered in a mass of cd racks, but he knows where everything is. It;s scary. But then he does a lot of DJ'ing so it's excusable.

My dad's like that, has them all on a database and stuff... only thing is, he doesn't have the excuse of being a DJ, dad just buys a lot of CDs!

I dunno how many i have. And i can't be bothered to go and count them.