Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I got to bed at 8:30am this morning!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I sat up all last night doing my Scot lit essay, got to bed at 8:30am this morning, had about 2 hours sleep then had to go into uni to hand it in. So now it's finished and handed in...woopee.... But now I'm sat in the reading room (again), trying to muster the motivation to finish my History of English essay that's due in for tomorrow... 2000 words done and another 500 to go... I hate uni sometimes... :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You poor poor boy :(

Gutted to fuck :p
    And here was me thinking this was gonna be about a St Patricks day all-night piss up :p

My aim is to get to bed at about 4pm tomorrow :D
    at least you sleep...
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    And here was me thinking this was gonna be about a St Patricks day all-night piss up :p
    God, I wish it was... Saw everyone getting lageed or guinessed up on my way home :( Said goodnight to my flatmate at about 11ish, and I heard her get up at 7:30am or so. I totally cannot focus on this next essay, but it must be done... And Lacy, thanks for 'sympathy' :p
    hmmmm AS's r killin.....the teachers expect soooooooooo much
    But who left it till the last minute?

Tis ur own fault.

U children will never learn.
    Ok, I might have left it till the last minute, but there has not been a week gone past this year at uni I haven't either been planning as essay or writing one... And I left this one to the last minute because the paper (Scottish Cultural Renaissance) is crap... :mad: Papes that are completely devoid of interesting material normally gets shunted to the bottom of my list of priorities, whereas the interesting ones don't....
    hmmm i think doin the borin ones first is better
    I would love to have the motivation to get the boring ways done first, but the interesting ones normally end up taking precedence, they're just more engaging. And then what happens is the boring ones need done in a shorter space of time and are probably not as good as they potentially could have been.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i can really honestly sympathise with you KingofGlasgow!! i handed in my essay on friday. yay!!! good luck with your other one.
    my god this sounds just like me :(

started my shakespeare assignment at 10'o'clock saturday night (had been working ten hours prior to this), went to bed at 9 am, sunday, got up at 10.15 am sunday, finsihed assignment at 8 pm sunday.

i have massive bags, just got back from work again now. i feel like shit.
    *not nice* got mouth ulcers too now. *told you*

think im gonna have to go doccys to get some sleeping pills... me needs some rest :(
    Well i'm not as bad as that, but i had to do two 1000 word essays last night for Art :mad:
    Originally posted by my_name
    at least you sleep...

Is that a fellow insomniac I spy across this sea of self induced sleeplessness .....
    Weel, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! Hurrah! Managed to finish last essay, due in today. Got to bed about 12 midnight and got up at about 11, but still tired... :( But badabing, you sound as though you got it tough :( But at least they're done now eh? :)
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    But badabing, you sound as though you got it tough :( But at least they're done now eh? :)

bless you, i have, but its my own fault :banghead: should have started it all a LONG time ago. got a lot due in monday, but im starting it now, which i know, isnt really ealry enough, but its earlier than the last scenario!

anyway, good luck to me! lol, im going to go and die now...
    Re: I got to bed at 8:30am this morning!!!
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    I sat up all last night doing my Scot lit essay, got to bed at 8:30am this morning, had about 2 hours sleep then had to go into uni to hand it in. So now it's finished and handed in...woopee.... But now I'm sat in the reading room (again), trying to muster the motivation to finish my History of English essay that's due in for tomorrow... 2000 words done and another 500 to go... I hate uni sometimes... :(

I always leave them to the last minute and find myself up all night the day before they're due in. I think i work better under pressure, i dont think i've ever done an assignment with plenty of time to spare!

Aint it a wonderful feeling it is when you hand it in :)