Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you play?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im just wondering what sports here do people actually play or partake in- or are there any?

I play football almost every day!
Do a bit of canoeing and cross country and used to play just about every sport every going at some point or another. Im also a keen gym goer-
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I play my DVD player.

Uhhh thats about it :p
  • Options
    I do a little kyaking, and would like to do more.

I play a lot of table football, some card games, a couple of role-plays and judo.

All pretty non-competitive, except the football.

Brian Kitten : I think you'll find that you use your DVD player, not play it. Your DVD player plays DVD's, hence DVD player.
  • Options
    I love swimming but don't go as often as I used to anymore. :( I'm hoping to change that soon though. I also want to take up kickboxing. :D
  • Options
    Swimming, volleyball, squash & tennis.
  • Options
    Hockey :D
  • Options
    I like abseiling, rock climbing, white water rafting, archery, canoeing, etc etc:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I like abseiling, rock climbing, white water rafting, archery, canoeing, etc etc:D

I love all those outdoor sports and pursuits too! I was actually going to be an instuctor at one stage. Hope to do a bungee jump and sky dive in the next few months too!
  • Options
    I'm not sure I'd like to bungee jump or sky dive. There's going to be a bungee jump at my summer ball my boyfriend wants me to do the jump with him but theres no way!!

I must thank you Docter Lurve for your pm's informing me about St Patricks day I found them interesting although they were long.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    I also want to take up kickboxing. :D

*Stands well back in order to avoid being hit should Hellie be in a bad mood* :D:p

I used to be a good cricketer (particularly batting); I used to enjoy swimming (especially front crawl); and I used to be into cycling (9 miles in less than 30 minutes). But these days I do not become so involved.

Although not a sport, I now enjoy hiking, particularly on Exmoor, around the North Devon coast and on mountains.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

*Stands well back in order to avoid being hit should Hellie be in a bad mood* :D:p

I used to be a good cricketer (particularly batting); I used to enjoy swimming (especially front crawl); and I used to be into cycling (9 miles in less than 30 minutes). But these days I do not become so involved.

Although not a sport, I now enjoy hiking, particularly on Exmoor, around the North Devon coast and on mountains.
    Im a pretty keen hiker too. On sat night I done a night hike with a big group of us (102) started at 5 marked it all out finished at 10:30ish then done the real thing at 11:30 and finished at about 5ish. I was one of the organisers!

Hiked over 200m across Lithuania in the summer too!

Jacaranda I told you it woulod be longish- could of bing longer again! You should do the bungee jump!Ive done the reverse bungee twice- and thats kool!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve

Hiked over 200m across Lithuania in the summer too!

I am a very big backpacker, with a particular fascination with the cultural and geographical Middle East. There are some superb hiking and trekking opportunities in many of them, but particularly in Morocco; Israel and the Palestinian Territories; Turkey; and Iran. I have not yet done them, but watch this space.

Was it a marked route or did you rely solely on a map and compass? Was it good? What was the scenery like? Was it through mountains, forest, villages, beside the coast... ?
    Originally posted by Doctor Lurve
    On sat night I done a night hike with a big group of us (102)

Ah, sounds good. I prefer hiking alone or with one other person in order to fully appreciate the surroundings and peace. What about yourself?
  • Options
    Football (as if it wasn't obvious) takes up most weeknights now
    Karate
    Badminton (sometimes)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

Was it a marked route or did you rely solely on a map and compass? Was it good? What was the scenery like? Was it through mountains, forest, villages, beside the coast... ?

It was an International Expedition as such. Walking through countryside- forests- droppped at one point and with map and compass no told were and made go back to basecamp. IN 10 days with full gear- 2 of us. Doing logs and projects(the language barrier was hard) and all sorts of things. truely once in a lifetime experience-

The one on Sat was a bit different and we done it in groups of ten- with checkpoints and stuff. We had a few younger inexperienced ones o it was good practice for them!What kinds of stuff have you done so far?
  • Options
    I liked playing hockey in about year 8! I'm sure i still would as you can take out all your aggression! I also like cross country running, but don't do it much. I'd like to take up a martial art but there are a huge number to choose from, or kickboxing (but a bit violent, mabe?) This is all talk and no action! The only sport i actually play is badminton, and i'm bad at that anyway haha! *slinks off*
  • Options

It was an International Expedition as such. Walking through countryside- forests- droppped at one point and with map and compass no told were and made go back to basecamp. IN 10 days with full gear- 2 of us. Doing logs and projects(the language barrier was hard) and all sorts of things. truely once in a lifetime experience-

The one on Sat was a bit different and we done it in groups of ten- with checkpoints and stuff. We had a few younger inexperienced ones o it was good practice for them!What kinds of stuff have you done so far?

Sounds very good mate!

I don't often get the change to do really long hikes and treks, so normally over Exmoor. I'll be doing a lot of mountain walking on Snowdonia from September...
  • Options
    I play mah computer
  • Options
    i *used* to play soccer/football, whateve ryou want to call it, i ran track - did high jump, ballet, basketball and jogged.
  • Options
    I used to be a bit of alright at gymnastics but gave it up when I was 14. When I went to Uni I took up trampolining which was just the best fun ever. Since I've been back home though all I really do is a mile of lazy breast stroke occasionally and a few trips to the gym.

I really miss getting outdoors and doing stuff but I'm just not motivated enough to do much these days.
  • Options
    Pool, darts, drinking games, etc, etc, etc, :rolleyes:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i *really* like basketball and played volleyball when i was in school. also like football but prefer watching that.
  • Options
    :hyper: I play badminton and netball, swim and dinghy sail. I do all of these things about twice a week (per activity) :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by nat89
    :hyper: I play badminton and netball, swim and dinghy sail. I do all of these things about twice a week (per activity) :hyper:

gosh you sound very healthy
  • Options
    I play
    football:Sunday league team, school and north devon

Rugby:Barnstaple, captain for school and i play for north devon

Basketball:school and i play for a national league team

Tennis:I play tennis bout 3 or 4 times a week and i paly for my school team

Cricket:I paly for a local village team and im school captain and im havin north devon trials soon.

I also surf, swim, play golf and american football and softball (like baseball) oh yea i paly squash sometimes and i go to the gym sometimes.
  • Options
    Finally someone with an apetite for sports like mine!
    Good lad-
    Have played tennis rugby and basketball. But hate cricket!

And am a Steven Gerrard kinda soccer player!

What player would you be most like?
  • Options
    Finally someone with an apetite for sports like mine!
    Good lad-
    Have played tennis rugby and basketball. But hate cricket!

And am a Steven Gerrard kinda soccer player!

What player would you be most like?

Im definetley a rio ferdinand type centre back.I have been brilliant all season.Then tonite it was the most important game of the season i play shit anyway then i do a rio error and they score to win.Im so gutted!
  • Options
    Thats what you get from watching United!
    i give no sympathy!
  • Options
    Thats what you get from watching United!
    i give no sympathy!

Dont insult me!how dare you call me a man utd fan!I support west ham thats why i play like rio cos thats how we are bought up to play the beautiful game not shitty hoof football like liverpool.
  • Options
    Suppose I like West Ham!
    Just a pity there going to be relegated- would prefer Bolton to go down. So you play like strugglin West Ham then?No wonder you lost
    :lol:
  • Options
    im a lazy cow, the only sport i play is pool
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    im a lazy cow, the only sport i play is pool

You mean you only play with balls? Lots of balls at once? Of any colour? some woman :crazyeyes